cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZMCR process without approval procedure

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have configured CHARM 7.1 for ZMCR request for change process. With the approval procedures it is perfectly working fine.

We have a client requirement were we don't want to use the approval process.

Once the requester creates a CR --> the status should change to "To be approved" status --> Manager will Approve/Reject the change --> if it is approved urgent change document is in created status.

Please help me in implementing the above scenario.

I looked at the Note # 1608118 - Approval without CRM approval procedure

I have created the PPF actions for ZMCR_ACTIONS as per the note but I don't see the expected result.

Please help.

Regards

Junaid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid,

This is defintly possible, you can switch off mandatory for choosing approval procedure.

By configuration or customization.

For this you need to delete consistency check for User status Validation.

Find in SPRO "Make Settings for Change Transaction Types"

And you actions must show up when Change Request has user status "To be approved" but not Validation.

Can you please show screenshots where you getting troubles?

Rg Dan

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Can you please let me know the sequence of activities which needs to be performed in SPRO for my requirement.

As mentioned above I implemented 2 PPF actions as per the note 1608118. But I don't see the approved and reject in the actions on CRM UI.

I think the PPF actions which I have created are not being triggered.

If I try to create a ZMCR change request it is following the same approval process.

Created --> Validation --> define scope --> released for approval --> approved --> release for development which generates the change document.

Regards

Junaid

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help on the below. Below are the sequence of actions I am trying to achieve for ZMCR request for change.

I tried creating a new action profile to switch to "To be approved" for ZMCR skipping validation and release for approval.

Below is the process I am trying to configure.

1) Requester will create RfC (ZMCR) --> Enter all the details including project and defines the scope whether it is Urgent/Normal change and saves it.

2) Once saved the status is changing from created --> To be approved ( As I added a action in the SPPFCADM to skip validation and Release for approval)

3) As change manager I am able to edit and approve from approval block. Once approved in approval block and save the status is jumping to "implemented"

Based in the sequence what I am trying to achieve.

Created --> To be Approved --> change manager Approves/Reject from approval block --> once approved --> change manager release for Development --> change document created.

Please help on achieving the above requirement.

Regards

Junaid

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your question resolved? Let me know, I can tell u the scheduling configuration if you have not already done.

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhaykumar,

thank you for your help.

Yes the problem is solved.

Due to the transaction-copy some configurations hadn't been correct.

After correcting them it is working fine now.

Kind regards

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Junaid,

we trying the same with note 1608118.

In our system it also wan't work.

How could you fix the problem?

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid,

What do you mean by

but I don't see the expected result.

Once you configure to set status via PPF action, it should be available from Actions button - dropdown list.

If you can't see it, this is mostly case of ppf schedule conditions.

Please be more detail, what are you doing step by step and which step is failing.

Rg Dan

0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Let me be more specific.

As per the note I created 2 PPF actions under request for change (ZMCR_ACTIONS).

Z_SETTING_RFC_APPROVED

Z_SETTING_RFC_REJECT

And for both the actions I have used the method call with "HF_SET_STATUS"  and in the parameters for the

First action Z_setting_rfc_approved I used to container elements

1) User_status = E0004

2) APPR_RESULT = A

Second action Z_setting_rfc_reject I used the container elements

1) user_status = E0003

2) APPR_RESULT = R

I have just added this actions in the conditions but I have not defined any schedule condition.

Now, When I try to create new RFC - requester create the CR - Requester  had to select the approval procedure as it is a mandatory column.

Once the change manager logs in I don't see any change in actions I still see "In Validation" and I don't see any difference in the process.

I am assuming the actions what I have created are not getting triggered.

Do we need to complete any additional step after creation the PPF actions.?

Regards

Junaid

0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is I don't want to use the ZMCR approval procedures and once the Change request is created we want a approve or reject option. if approved the urgent change document should be created.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Regards

Junaid