cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria:the Session is stopped with not completed....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello High Technician.

Two Servers are working under the environment of Duplex Configuration of DB server under two 2008 Server R2 MSCS configuration. 

Of Course there are two Relay Servers...

Anyway, When the Client connect to the Server...,

Sometimes it connected well to the Two Servers but Sometimes cannot connect to the both of them.( I could not figure out the rule or regular Cycle of connection)

the Massage was shown on the Client like this " Session has not been completed.."

It is sure the client can find the Afaria Server but cannot get its Session.

the Question is that What kinds of measures I should take under this situation of the above message on the client.

and what is the reason of it.

thank you

David Park

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be multiple reason ,provide more details of your architecture design

Please check in Afaria console setting for Device communication and make sure there is no port conflicts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chetan

Firstly Thank you for the reply but

I already made all ports set clear.

If I did not, there were no communications between Client and Server.

I wrote, Sometimes Connected and completed the session and sometimes not.

I am just guessing that the communication problem between RSOE and Afaria Server via port no. 5002.

thank you

David Park

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you can try ..

In Device communication port change the port setting .

xnet : 3007

xnets: uncheck

http : 8081

https:uncheck

in outbound enabler for rsoe for afaria server :

change -cs setting to   = "-cs    "host=serveripaddress;port=8081;"

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

We already use particular port for the RS, 8080.

but I didn't know "cs setting" to

>> "-cs host=serveripaddress;port=8080"

and Where can I edit like above? in RS.config?

Thank you

David Park

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

8080 port is by default used for portal package backend , you need to change the port number .

Are you using relay server ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

um...

Yes we are using Relay Server and use the port no. 8080 for that.

Thank you

David Park

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please confirm this setting:

1 . Device communication setting change according to what i mention above.

2. Make sure the outbound enabler properly configured and started on afaria server for all the component.

3. Relay server setting on Afaria server console should be unchecked ( Note: Blank all the entries before unchecked).

4. From Relay server to Afaria server ports open

5. All the ports from afaria server open ( 2195 ,2196 ,5228-5230).

6. SSL certificate and CA server properly configured.

7. Afaria console server setting for enrollment package , device communication , portal package , CA server properly configured.

8. All required ports open from Relay server to public.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

thank you very much for your specific reply.

1 . Device communication setting change according to what i mention above.

>>Regarding the Port number 8080 and 8081, I will talk about the SAP Korea engineer.

2. Make sure the outbound enabler properly configured and started on afaria server for all the component

>>We set them.

3. Relay server setting on Afaria server console should be unchecked ( Note: Blank all the entries before unchecked).

>> this is unchecked as you say.

4. From Relay server to Afaria server ports open

>> it is opened. it is 5002

5. All the ports from afaria server open ( 2195 ,2196 ,5228-5230).

>> we do not use this port number. Our Mobile is based on Windows Mobile Professional.

6. SSL certificate and CA server properly configured.

>> We don't  use this Function.

7. Afaria console server setting for enrollment package , device communication , portal package , CA server properly configured.

>> We do not use this as well.

8. All required ports open from Relay server to public.

>> All ports are open I think.

The uncertain thing is the use of port no. 8080.  I will check this with the engineer.

Thank you very much

David Park

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Ok , sorry a bit correction i thought you are using IOS device .

In that case its very simple configuration you can work.

1 . You can configured relay server setting on Afaria console if you want or  you can use outbound enabler. any one  ( Note : Relay server setting on console is should be unchecked while using IOS device , in your case you can use).

2 . For device communication keep simple setting.

xnet:3007

xnets, http and https : All unchecked.

3. In outbound enabler configuration rsoe use 3007 port for server .

4. One question port 5002 ports? What is communication port you are using between relay and afaria server : normally its 80 and 443 port required to open.

6. Session << You mean to say session manager channel you had created in policy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was impressed by your kindness.

We are using HTTP protocol to communicate between Afaria Client and Afaria Server.

5002 port is being used between RSOE and Afria Server.

Session means..

I saw this sentence on the Afaria Client Log  "Session has not been completed" but Client could find the Afaria Server.

For the Relay Server communication, we are using the port no. 8080. I think this could be the cause of the problem above as you told above.

Thank you

David Park

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

No , As i thought you had installed all the component like ( Enrollment package , portal package )

but you had clarify that you are not using portal package in that case port 8080 will be not used.

Verify this

1. You define that  you are using HTTP protocol for afaria client to communicate that means you are using http://relayserveraddress:8080 to communicate the device and server.

2. In that case 5002 port ? is not been used because its a backend port . In that case if you had define port 5002 in device communication setting for http protocol. Hence the port 5002 is only working for same system and not between relay server and afaria server : Keep this setting as it is

3.  For port between relay server and afaria server the IIS port will be communicate which might be either by default 80 and 443

4. On your Afaria client if it displayed Connecting and than connected it means your setting configuration is proper and your server communicating with client.

5. After connecting and connected .. If it display Session has not been completed ..In that case please verify group and policy properly linked . ( Also make sure the Policy for windows professional device have minimum 1 policy configured eg. hardware & software inventory)

6 . Create 1 session manager channel policy and link to the group ( Make sure It should content 1 normal event in session manager channel).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chetan

The problem was solved.

The cause is the value of the "uploadReadAheadSize" in the Relay Server web site in the IIS.

I changed the value to "0" and the Afaria Client could communicate to the Server.

thank you very much for your advice.

David Park

Answers (0)