cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change PR fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one strange problem, we are runing classic scenario and PR is created in R/3 system for each shopping cart. I am unable to change item short text, UOM, price etc of these PR using ME52N in R/3 system .

But if i create manually PR in R/3 system for the same document type, i am able to change these fields using ME52N.

Please advise how i can change PR field values which are coming from EBP system.

Regards,

Kamaljit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Which R/3 version are you using ?

Alternatively, you try do the following.

<u>Execute ME52N Transaction for any of the Purchase Requistion number.Try changing the Text, UOM, price, etc using ME52N Transaction. Are you getting any error/warning message there ? Either it can also due to Missing BASIS authorization as well. In the same session, type /nSU53 transaction in the command menu on top left corner of the SAP R/3 screen.

Incase there is any authorization object missing, it will display the details on that in that transaction. Ask you BASIS person, to provide authorization access, by giving him the screen shot details of SU53 transaction.</u>

----

<u>Seems to be a bug in your R/3 system, which might be solved with any OSS note. Have you raised any OSS message with SAP yet on this issue. ? If the above solution does not work , try raising the same as well.</u>

Hope this will help.

Please reward full points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul. Those fields are in display mode in ME52N whereas in ME52 those are avialable in change mode.

So this doesn't seems to be authorization issue.Please suggest, your help is very valuable.

Regards,

Kamaljit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the ME52N, is there any option in the Menubar to go from Display to Change mode.

Try this also, go in ME53N, and type the Purchase Req number there and then press enter key to view details, and then when you are inside the document, try menubar Change option.

If nothing happens, immediately do a SU53 to see any missing authorization details.

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I have checked and there is no missing authorization. My problem is that only some fields are in display mode in ME52N but those are in change mode in ME52.

Regards,

Kamaljit

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any badi implemnted in your R/3 backend , such as BAdi ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Good point referred by Yann.

<u>Also ensure that any SAP Enhancements in the transaction - CMOD as well as SE19, related to Purchase requisitions are not harcoded for disabling the field in Display mode.</u>

<b>Therefore, for the time being, de-activate all the Customer enahancements in CMOD Transaction as well as Customer BADI Implementations in SE19 Transaction starting with Y or Z and try out changing any Purchase Req using ME52N transaction.</b>

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamaljit,

For the Classic Scenario SRM System is the Executing system for the PR document .

you can change the document only in SRM but not R/3 provided with role settings.

Please see the link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/e9/d0fc3729b5db48e10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

With regards,

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahesh,

Is there any setting which will alow us to change?? Becuase i can change same fields using ME52 but using ME52N can not.

Regards,

Kamaljit