cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening External Window in Web Dynpro ABAP with URL disabled or Hidden

former_member213219
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where-in we want to open the Web Dynpro ABAP application using tcode WDYID (by passing the application name  and startmode), but the URL of the newly opened explorer should be disabled or hidden. To achieve the same, I have created a component (lets name it PARENT) and inside that in DOMODIFY/DOINIT method have written code to invoke the required WDA (lets name it CHILD) in external window (by using lo_window_manager->CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW) and is successfully able to open the application with URL disable using different parameter of method CREATE_EXTERNAL_WINDOW. But in this case there are 2 window which opens, one is for PARENT view and other is for CHILD. Now I only want to keep the second view (CHILD) to be opened and want to close the PARENT view. When I used EXIT_PLUG to close the PARENT window, it closes both the window. Need your inputs on my approach or if you have any. Regards, Harish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor

Hi,

If you open the popup, it opens as Modal Window, originating from Parent window. Without external window( where you can pass has_location = abap_false ), you cannot hide the URL/Address bar.

If you want to partially hide the URL( if you dont want to show the full URL with application path), you can create an Alias for the service in SICF.

Go to SICF, and create an alias for your WDA application; say original URL: domain:port/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/<ZAPPLICATION_NAME>

This URL you can convert( partially hide) as, domain:port/sap/<ANY_NAME>

Refer creating Alias in this help: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sem320bw/helpdata/en/55/361a3c9c004866e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran