cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Email button (CRM Web Client UI) - does not work with custom Navigation Bar Profile

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, we use Solman 7.1 (SP8) and I've found a bit of an issue (think it may be a bug and will have to raise OSS Incident).  However, I thought I'd check with you lovely people first

Basically, in CRM Web Client UI there is a "Send Email" button, so you can send items such as Change Requests, Defect Corrections etc. as Plan Text/HTML to an email address.

Whenever, I click on this button, nothing happens (the Send Email screen does not appear).

I have been investigating this for a few hours and realise this only happens when I'm using my Z Business Role (ZSOLMANPRO). When using the standard Business Role (SOLMANPRO) it works fine. So this lead me to further investigation and I found that when changing the NAVIGATION BAR PROFILE back to SOLMANPRO it also works:

So with ZSOLMANPRO Nav Bar Profile, the Send Email button doesnt work. But with SOLMANPRO Nav Bar Profile, it does work (under ZSOLMANPRO Business Role). I also temporarily changed the standard SOLMANPRO Business Role to have our ZSOLMANPRO Nav Bar Profile and this caused the button not to work...so it's DEFINITELY related to this Nav Bar Profile.

I then compared my ZSOLMANPRO Nav Bar Profile with SOLMANPRO and they are identical!!

Of course, my ZSOLMANPRO contains some changes in regards to assigned workcenters, direct link groups etc. This is why I created ZSOLMANPRO as you should'nt make changes to SAP standard. So I cannot revert to SOLMANPRO Nav Bar as I'll then lose all the changes I have made. Because the Nav Bar Profiles are identical, I believe there must be something hardcoded somewhere which reads SOLMANPRO Nav Bar Profile???

I also "Viewed Source" on the CRM Web Client UI page and the below coding appears AFTER clicking on Send Email button:

onclick="thBtMgr.click(this);return htmlbSL(this,2,'C28_W96_V98_SENDEMAIL:SENDEMAIL','0')"

This only appears when the button works. The above code doesn't mean much to me but it may to someone here?

Is there a way to get Send Email button to work when using a Z Navigation Bar Profile???

Thanks
Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186543
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

If that's the case it means that the dynamic navigation could be failing hence, I suggest you to compare the Generic OP mapping in both the navigation bar profiles. There should be entries for component BT126_MAIL etc, in order for the navigation to work.

/Hasan

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hasan - you little ripper!!!!!!!!

This fixed my issue. It looks like there's an issue when copying SOLMANPRO to ZSOLMANPRO (it doesn't copy the Generic OP entries). I had already added some of the ones needed but I hadn't added all of them (there's over 700) because it would take me forever!

Hopefully there's no more on this list that I need...although I'm sure I'll find more as I continue my development/testing. Is there a way to copy all of these to custom Navigation Bar Profile?

former_member186543
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hahaha ! Thanks for the phrase " little ripper !!  " , btw , there's no way to copy these values !

Enjoy !!!

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Haha no worries

Out of interest, do you think there's some other entries in this space that I'll need to eventually copy? (before I stumble across more issues).

Thanks!

Shaun

Answers (0)