Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ChaRM in specific projects

adriana_medeiros
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are configurating ChaRM 7.1, SP8.

In begining we would like to turn on ChaRM controls in some projects, like pilot.

We want to work with some Project without ChaRM´s controls, with manually transport.

After this we will use ChaRM  controls for all projects.

Is it possible?

Thank you very much for your support.

Adriana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adriana,

Yes this is possible. You can activate/deactivate Charm controls in CTS project.

Just create and set as required.

Later on, you should make CTS_PROJECT mandatory in Transport's in SE03

Rg Dan

adriana_medeiros
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniyar,

Thank for give me some hope.

I would like to check with you your information.

1. Active/desactive Charm controls in CTS Project : Did you talk about the transaction 'SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN' like the screen below ?

2. I didn´t find the way in SE03 to make CTS_PROJECT mandatory in Transport. Do you could to send me the way?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Adriana

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adriana,

what you need to do is goto below activity in SPRO of solman and read the IMG documentation

or basically perform below steps

1. goto transaction in solman itself  \n/TMWFLOW/CMSCONF.
    1. 2. Check the entries in the Proj. Assignment column.
  2. double-click to change the entry as per your need

thus now if you create a new transport in your development like ERP dev system directly ...system will not prompt it for charm project assignement

hope this resolves

Regards

Prakhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adriana,

To use Projects without chaRM control even after ChaRM is activated please make the following project swithces need to me activated. as shown in the below screen,when you choose Activate Change Request Management for a project, an IMG project is generated in the development system of the assigned logical component. This IMG project generates a CTS project in each assigned client

Project status switches for these CTS projects are automatically deactivated when a task list is generated. This means that the transport requests for the corresponding CTS projects cannot be created, exported, or imported. The figure shows the generated IMG project in the assigned development system and the CTS status switches belonging to the related CTS project.

Click on the Pen icon pointed in the screen and change the CTS Project Status Switch so that you can use for manual transports and again change to "X" to se ChaRM control transports.

Regards,

Vinod Palli

adriana_medeiros
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for all !

My manually transport is not working yet, but I belive that we have a problem with ours transport route !

Best regards for all!

Adriana