Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check if a user session is active in Java application server

former_member190085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a online scenario with a third party system by which a portal user will launch the third party application in a new window from portal. The SSO will work at the third party web application with the dynamic key that is generated by calling a webservice for that user. Now, as the user works on the launched screen, they will have to check whether the user (logged in portal) session is still active. ie., they will be periodically calling a service hosted by SAP java application server to find out whether the corresponding user who launched the session is still logged in or logged out.

So, my question is, how can i find out programatically whether a user/user's session is still logged in/active in SAP Netweaver Java AS? We are in version 7.3.

Kindly help me in this regard.

Regards

Vijay.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member190085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the reply, but these are admin tools to see the user logged information. But, i'm asking about getting such details via a custom java program. Basically, i'm looking for an API which can tell me whether a user is currently logged in or not OR if a session with an id is currently active or not.

Regards

Vijay.K

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

For your requirement

We have a online scenario with a third party system by which a portal user will launch the third party application in a new window from portal. 

3rd party application should be able to track the user session details. NW JAVA will not be able to provide you required details. You may write a code to track user sessions.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori