Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP and SUP MBO Queries

former_member182329
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have some basic doubts in SUP developments.

1)How to validate the outcome or returning of an MBO .Ie for example for login check, i have a RFC to check the user credentials(i knw there is built in user credentials support in SUP,but as an example i saying this scenario) is returning the status as "FAILED" for the user validation.Now based on this result i need to call two different screens.The default success and Error screen works on the basis of a succesfull MBO call to an RFC or a failed one respectively.But i need to call two screens based on the returning result of the successful MBO call.

2)For localization in the SUP even if i load the different languages and made it default,the languages are not getting changed.Do i need to do any additional configurations for the same.

3)How to trigger an online request on change of value in an in put field in the screen.

4)Now i have one scenario

i have created an SUP hybrid application which uses an mbo which is calling a webservice.Now if i want to give this Hybrid application to multiple users.Does the end users needs to download HWC application and give the settings in the HWC settings page manually ?

if that is the solution,then how can i create multiple users in Sybase Control Center for each user that is going to download this Hybrid Web container and use it?

My requirement is to develop an hybrid application which can be used by multiple users without having to go through the hurdle of giving or configuring the HWC and without going for native application development.

Is there any work around for this other than going with native application.Cos the infocenter help page link i found below is confusing me.

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01203.0221/doc/html/vhu13...

The below mentioned is a specific paragraph from the info center page talking about packaging an hybrid application into and HWC. But i am not getting the concept in detail.

• "Prepackaged Hybrid App in Hybrid Web Containers – developers can now create a Hybrid Web Container compiled with version 1 of a Hybrid App. When the Hybrid Web Container launches, version 1 of the Hybrid App is available for use. In earlier versions, the Hybrid Web Container shipped as an empty container, and the Hybrid App had to be downloaded from Unwired Server after the client application initially connected to Unwired Server.Documented in:
    • Developer Guide: Hybrid Apps, see: Prepackaged Hybrid Apps
    • Sybase Control Center for Sybase Unwired Platform, see:
      • Assigning and Unassigning Hybrid Apps to Application Connections
      • Assigning and Unassigning Hybrid Apps
  • Automatic Hybrid App Provisioning – Hybrid Apps can now be deployed to a user upon successful on-boarding without any administrative action. The administrator can assign one or more Hybrid Apps to an application connection template used for automatic on-boarding. Those assigned Hybrid Apps will get provisioned into the user's Hybrid App once the user's credentials are successfully authenticated and authorized at on-boarding.Documented in: Sybase Control Center for Sybase Unwired Platform, see:
    • Application Connection Templates
    • Assigning and Unassigning Hybrid Apps to Application Connection Templates "

Can anyone explain or share any related blogs regarding the above mentioned contents in detail,Like how i can package a specific hybrid application into a HWC(ie compiling the HWC with a specific hybrid container application instead of pushing an hybrid app into the HWC,so that when the user downloads this compiled version of HWC it will be already having that Hybrid application in it along with the settings for the HWC to connect to sybase server) and deploy it with all the configuration settings like the relay server configurations and the user details using which the HWC connects to Sybase server.

Thanks in Advance,

Bince Mathew C

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. By default when an authentication failure occurs the screen control come back to authentication screen. If you want to change this feature you can write your custom code inside custom.js. Note that the authentication happens only when you do an online request. ie In the default credentials screen the user only saves the data, no authentication happens at that time. When an online request is triggered authentication happens. You can write some custom code to make an online request when the user moves to the client initiated screen from credentials screen after saving the credentials (you can keep an MBO (rfc) only for this), hence before reaching the first screen of the app an online request triggers and authentication happens.

2. Have you tried changing the language of the device ? Usually the application checks the device language and changes the application language automatically.

3. I think you can do this with javascript events

4. The first point talks about using third party frameworks to develop the app and finally package the app and deploying it to HWC. It gives more control over the developer, you will not use the HWC designer to develop the app in this case. Application will be developed using tools such as Sencha and cordova and packaged it using hybrid app packaging tool comes with SUP 2,2 +.

You can use assign hybrid apps to application templates by default, so the administrator don't want to assign the app to the users registered from their mobile. Its explained here, SyBooks Online

To configure the settings automatically its possible to do it with Afaria or by customizing the HWC container itself (by downloading the source code for HWC and hard coding the values).

Midhun VP

former_member182329
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Midhun

Answers (0)