cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two integration server on the same sld group

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii,

If I configure two xi integration server to one sld in the same group?

Is it recommended?

Will it cause a collision between the two systems?

tanks in advanced

Royi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i dont think it will conflict,but why do u want to have two IS in one landscape?

thanx

ahmad

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First lets understand what is SLD:

System Landscape Design(SLD) is a repository which holds information about all the systems and their corresponding softwares installed in a particular <b>landscape</b>. Most of the companies have all their systems installed in 1 landscape. So they normally have 1 SLD. Offcourse there are many other factors which influence in designing a SLD like location, performance etc.

Now your question: <b>Can we have 2 integration servers refer to same SLD? </b>

Answer: Yes Yes Yes

XI and SLD are two different things. XI just provides a client to access the SLD server which might be installed on a separate machine(SAP J2EE to be precise). XI is not the only SAP component which uses SLD. Many other components use SLD.

thanks,

Eshwar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eshwar,

><i>Now your question: Can we have 2 integration servers refer to same SLD?

Answer: Yes Yes Yes</i>

The question was actually , "Can we have 2 Integration Server pointing to the same tranport Group" and not 2 Integration Servers being registered on the SLD.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u pls explain me abt SWCV?? Software Component Version .

what does exactly the versions denote while creating business systems ??

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have never tried this , but it should be possbile.

More than the question of whether this is possible and will it lead to collisions, the question that should be asked is why are you trying to do this?

You can have multiple Source Groups, pointing to the same target groups, but when importing objects into the integration directory you need to ensure that all the objects belong to the correct target group / related integration server.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can have multiple Source Groups, pointing to the same target groups, but when importing objects into the integration directory you need to ensure that all the objects belong to the correct target group / related integration server.

and how I do it?

group that pointed to other group?

Regards

Royi

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be done as follows,

1. Create multiple Business System Soruce Gropus. When creating the group for the source, you need to give the related integration server . In your case create the Source Busss System Group A and Group B for intregration server A and B.

2. Create Business System Target Group Group C for integration server C which is the target integration server.

3. Assign the source business systems to the correspiodning groups by providing the correct related integration server.

4. Do the same for the target Business Systems as well.

5. Now, go to each of the Source Business System and then select the Transport Targets option and map it to the corresponding business system on the target side. This should be done for all Source Business System of Group A and Group B . They should all point to the correct Business System of Group C.

6. When importing objects you would need to make sure that the Business Systems Being used in the Configuation Scenario all belong to the same Source Business System ., ie. a confgiuration scenario should be such that all business systems used in it belong to either Group A or Group B and not to both.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes its very much possible. XI is only a client of SLD. SLD is infact, a part of SAP J2EE server.