cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace tansferred from remote client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In system log (SM21) the warning message Trace transferred from remote client is frequently occuring (syslog message R1M is written)

As per SAP note  357683 - Trace adopted by remote client , it seems that a user trace is activated.

I want then to deactivate this trace, but I must first find out for which user it is activated.

Can someone tell me how to check which user has carried out the action?

I checked the dev_rfc trace files, no information about remote client in it.

I restarted also the application server, it didn't help. The warning is still coming frequently.

Any help will be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/357683

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ahmed_ibrahim2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Abdellatif ,

I want then to deactivate this trace, but I must first find out for which user it is activated.

Can someone tell me how to check which user has carried out the action?

you can activate the user trace by running Tx SM04 and activate trace , accordingly this action will be stored in the logs (SM21) , so you can filter all logs related to the Tx SM04 since the warning Message Appeared and check the following message "Trace activated for user X"

X is the required user

anyway

The user trace is stored in the trace files, dev_w* , so you can check the user also there  .

Best Regards

AhMeD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Many thanks for your reply.

The problem was solved by preventing the trace level from being transferred using parameter rdisp/accept_remote_trace_level=0 (note 357683).

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To find the user id you can try to use the transaction code STAD. because your are already getting the warning message in syslog (SM21)

Regards

Ram