cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling image field editing by interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I have a problem by an interactive adobe form.

I loaded an image from MIME Repository at init event of the form.

I put the image into an image field.

The form I made is interactive. There is a field where the user can put some data.

My problem is that when I click on the image it is editable.

I can change the picture to another one.

I thought there is maybe an attribute by the picture field where I can set "not editable".

I did this by all text fields what I do not want to edit after the PDF is generated.

But it seems there is no option to this.

Now if I generate a pdf, the image field is editable. I can click on it, and it comes a pop-up where I can choose another image instead of the original image.

What can I do in this situation? What is the standard way to disable this feature (bug)?

Do I have to put some invisible object(layer) over the image field where I set the editable off?

Best regards,

Gábor Vaspöri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabor,

there is a option to disable it. I'm pretty sure. I do not got a system available so I have to check tomorrow. But I'm pretty sure, that this feature is just an option away.

I try to remember tomorrow and deliver an answer.

Regards

Florian

0 Kudos

hi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

yakup_adiguzel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

It's too late to answer but some developers may still need it,

I found an exact solution to disable image field:

Step 1: Select the Image Field that you want to disable,

Step 2: Go to "XML Source" tab

Step 3: There is a code about the image field:

After the statement "<field", add this statement " access="readOnly" "

The image field, will be disabled and non-clickable after these steps, hope works for everyone.

Also may be needed:

If there isn't a tab named "XML Source", right click tabs area then tick up the "XML Source".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

My adobe livecycle designer was installed with language german...

I do not see any place where I could set this property.

Imagefield:

By text fields there is a part "Wert - value" where i can set "Schreibgeschützt - read-only":

The picture i used was loaded from MIME repository. It is the Logo of our company.

I do not want to use the option "embed image data" because i want to load by every pdf generation the picture from MIME rep.

Best regards,

Gábor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I thouhgt that the geman adobe livecycle designer will a bit mood destroyer.

Before i close the discussion could you send me a printscreen about the image field properties where you can select the read-only attribution?

Best regards,

Gábor

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabor,

there is not a specific option, it just depends on what you choose. One is editable, if your form is interactive, the other is just never editable.

According to the Galileo Press SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe Book a imagefield differs from a normal image by the opossibility, to chance the picture.

Regards

Florian

PS: In the german version of the book, page 307 first sentence is that statement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Ok. I understand. If I take an "image" object it will be not editable. If I take an "image field" it will be editable.

My problem is that I have to take "image field" because the content of the image comes from mime repository. By "image" object there is no possiblility to bind source.

I want to centralize some objects of the adobe forms.

With mime repository it is possible to change the logo of the adobe forms at one place.

I swap the mime rep object and every adobe forms take the new picture.

As i see the only solution is to take "image field" and with scripting set read-only.

My book is english. 2nd Edition.

page 334 Image Field

...enable you to upload an image to PDF form. You can also define a data bindig....If you want to contain the image data in the XML data stream, you must set the image field to READ-ONLY, as described in Section 7.3.5, Editable State of Form Fields....

And at this section there is a sample about setting read-only with scripting.

The means the standard way is "image field" and scripting.

Thank you all!

Best regards,

Gábor Vaspöri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabor,

did you try to move the image field to the master page? This way you might not have the problem. Pls. let me know whether this worked for you. No scripting needed this way.

Best wishes,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra!

It worked.

But I still think there should be a better way to solve this problem.

If nobody response this will be the correct answer.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Gábor

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share an screen from the options you made. I tried it with an imagefield right at the moment and it isn't editable at all. MAybe you choose the wrong objecttype. You need to select an image field, not just image. Image fields are made for brands and stuff like that, nobody has to change.

Regards

Florian

navip
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Select the image field then Go to the Palettes menu and in Object field from the available drop downs select "Read Only".

---

Naveen