SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMBB wont post after new release 701

0 Kudos

We have an approval  workflow associated with BUS0050.Prepost to prevent end users from using the post by graying out the button and only allow them to prepost.  We have some users on our statewide functional team that are allowed to directly post budget documents without triggering the approval workflow based on their user security (the button isn't grayed out).

The problem is that the newest support packs we are testing add the following code to

CL_FMED_ENTRYDOC==============CP method CHECK_ED_HEADER

122    *note 1701024 : document type with workflow but post remains possible

123      IF E_FLG_WORKFLOW_ACTIVE = con_on AND G_F_HEADER-docstate = con_posted AND I_FLG_POSTING = con_on.

125        L_F_MSG-MSGV1 = G_F_HEADER-DOCTYPE.

126        CALL FUNCTION 'FMKU_CUMULATE_MSG'

127          EXPORTING

128            I_REF_MSG = I_REF_MSG

129            I_MSGNO   = '201'

130            I_MSGV1   = L_F_MSG-MSGV1.

Anytime anyone tries to post now, they get:

If I set a  breakpoint and make the above If statement fail, the user can post as before.  I don't understand why SAP added this additional check to prevent direct posting nor am I sure what I can to avoid it when a user that should be able to post creates a document.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the BCS budget document type definition, you can create a document type with workflow box unchecked. There is a standard authorization object F_FMBU_DOC for BCS document types. You can use this object to control what work roles have access to that document type.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

I want the particular doc type to have an approval workflow when created by the end user but I want certain people to be able to post.  SAP apparently doesnt want to provide that option anymore.