cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create records in Data Manager - System creates dublicates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MDM-Experts,

I have a kind of strange questions: has anyone ever had the following situation in MDM Data Manager?

When creating one (1) record manually in Data Manager, the system dublicates the records, and suddenly, we have 2 or even up to 4 identical records in the system. Only the auto id is of course different.

When looking at the create date, the time difference is only a few seconds (4 to 5 seconds difference).

There is no entry in the log files, so I do not really know, what the problem is.

Has anyone else ever had that? Is there a keyboard combination, that forces that?

Thanks for all your help and answers!

Best reards,

Stefanie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefanie,

I encountered this problem once. This was due to my laptop's touchpad and mouse's pointer. I don't see any technical problem with MDM. Could you please check the record creation from some different machine? It's just a thought.

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev,

I am assuming something like that. We even assume by now, that the system can not kope with merging and creating records. Two collegues where doing that at the same time on the same repository, but not on the same records.

When the merging one stopps, the records are created exactly.

Will test your suggestion.

Thanks,

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefanie,

Did you check my suggestion? Is this resolved?

Thanks,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

different machine did not work. At the moment another user on another machines creates the records in order to see, if this user has the same problem.

Will keep you up to date.

Thanks,

Stefanie