Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Item - new field or?

keld_groenning
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a requirement from our business, which in summary is as follows:

All maintenance items must be reviews regularly, for example once a year. We want this information added
on Maintenance Item - which I consider to do as a custom field on enhancement tab.

It could have been nice if classes could be used - but I cannot see that it is possible. Does anyone have good idea?

Best Regards,

Keld Gronning

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keld,

See this picture.

Hope this is your requirement.

If it is, here are the steps. (Take help of ABAPer)

-First create a Z-Domain and Z-Data element as per your reuirement for creation of a Z-field.

-Go to MPOS table display (SE11), Create Append Structure say ZMPOS and here create a Zfield (USER FIELD in the example abvoe, using the Data element created already)

- Now Create a priject using CMOD.

- Here Assing  User-Exit IPRM0003.

- You need to use the screen-exit available in the Components of this User-Exit..

And create a subscreen here, and create the field in the Layout , give the Zfield of the append structure as reference.

You will get the above Enhancement Tab and the User field in the Item section of the Maintenance Plan.

An ABAPer would be easily doing this.

Jogeswara Rao K

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Keld Gronning

I did a test development some years back to do a similar thing on the work order enhancement tab and it worked well (see image below)

You can use user-exit IPRM0003 to add a new "Enhancement" tab at the maintenance item level.

Then you need to create a new class type in the IMG for the maintenance item class, then integrate this into the enhancement tab above.

Talk to your ABAP Team.

PeteA