cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push Pull functionality in SUP2.2 SP05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone implemented push-pull functionality with SUP 2.2 SP05 on a Windows environment? I would like to understand how it has been implemented. My development team is struggling with this at the moment and we are not able to move forward.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Monis,

Would be great if you can share more information.

What kind of app you are developing? Hybrid aapp or Native app? For which mobile platform? Is it MBO based app or OData based? where exactly developer team has got stuck

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jitendra

Thank you for prompt response.

We are developing app for Field technicians. We are using SUP 2.2 SP5 and client application is native, MBO based application for Windows OS.

Scenario: When a new order created in SAP we want to push that data to client application automatically. For example if a user already has two work orders and another is assigned to him/her then we want this third work order to be displayed in the client application without any manual interaction.

Regards

Monis

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the case of MBOs you have to use DCN (data change notifications) in SAP to enable push notifications.

Ex:

Midhun VP

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As Midhun already mentioned, this scenario can be implemented by Data Change Notification concept. You can read more about DCN here Data Change Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Midhun

Thank you. I will pass on the details to my team. I will let you know the outcome.

Regards.

Monis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jitendra, thank you so much. I will let you know the outcome.

Monis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. We are able to do DCN push from SAP to SUP. We can see the changes in CDB. But the client application does not receive the notification.  Our client application is for windows client. Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jitendra

Thank you. We are able to do DCN push from SAP to SUP. We can see the changes in CDB. But the client application does not receive the notification.  Our client application is for windows client. Please advise.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Push notifications depends on the device OS. Android uses GCM, IOS uses APNS similarly for windows phones it has MPNS (Push notifications for Windows Phone). The windows mobile app developer can implement it. The application should be capable to receive the data pushed from SUP.

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Midhun,

We are using Windows OS not Windows phone. Please can you suggest how we can implement that.

Thanks and Regards,

Depson Davis

Answers (0)