Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT-Servicedesk - Add button

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I would like to add a customer functionality in our IT-Servicedesk which is based Solman 7.1 SP8 webui.

In fact I would like to create a button directly above or near to categorization-levels.

At clicking on this button, a small popup should appear:

In this popup I would like to have a searching functionality for categories (like on service marketplace selection of a component).

So the user should be able to enter a word and the system automatically finds the correct categorization-levels.

So, does someone know, how to implement first the button and second a functionality like this?
Regarding functionality, this can also be developed e.g. as BSP.

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding adding button on the ITSM web ui, you need the CRM UI editing tools like EEWB or AET, check out Best Practices for SAP CRM Web UI Customization - CRM - SCN Wiki

You  can try out.

I didn't understand your custom requirement, because you can search the categories with the standard SAP features itself. read out Multilevel Categorization - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

even you can get F4 help feature also in crm_ui How to provide F4 Help - CRM - SCN Wiki

please re validate your custom requirement and proceed.

Thanks

Jansi

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

again a very helpful answer from you, thank you.

However, I think you missunderstood or I couldn't follow you.

Because, I would like to have the F4-Functionality or Search-Functionality in Creating an Incident or Change Request near to the 4 category-levels.

So that the user get's an kind of tree-select in which he is having at the top a search functionality and e.g. just enters "*printer*" and gets all categories which are having printer on one level.

And then he can choose the suitable one.

Exactly like when you are creating an OSS-Ticket on service marketplace and have to select the component.

But maybe, I also overread it in your posted threads.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By default F4 search should be there ITSM CRM_UI screen. can you check.

Thanks

Jansi

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't follow.

In my scenario, all categories are only drop-downs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

If you want to change the Dropdown list to Search Help, this can be achivied by Enhancing BSP application and editiing GET_P method of the field.

It is BSP enhancement.

Rg Dan

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

but how will it look?
So I have 4 fields with separate f4-helps?

You know, in best it should be that, that we still have all 4 drop-down fields and an additional function, which makes it easier to find the correct category for the user.

Kind regards

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

In standard ITSM, the multi level categorization is always drop down which is configured as shared with you already by Jansi

also as shown in below screenshot it is defined as a picklist which you can't change just by customizing etc

thus you have to go for development as suggested by Dan or you can also create new fields using AET etc.

hope this helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

As a workround, do you know that if user type needed text when he is in opened dropdown list, system navigates to category descriptions that matches the typed text.

About F4 help, I dont think this will look nice... yes separate search for each category.

Try to test with typing and if its okay teach Users.

Rg Dan

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you missunderstood.

Again, it should be like in service marketplace when you create a ticket.

The also have 100s of components which you can select.

And most of the time, I also don't know which component is below which one.

Therefore I use the searching-functionality at the top.

And this is what I want for the categories.

Because our user very often also don't know, where to look in.

Kind regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello to everyone and thank you for your help,

I know that this will be an enhancement and that this will not be possible in standard.

But therefore I'am asking, for a kind of a guideline which shows how to achieve a customer button.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have experiance with this kind of works.

Let's clarify you want a Separate field or button, by hitting this User see search help or whole tree-structure? like in marketplace.

Or just a search help where he types text and pick right Category?

Dan

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

great thx for help on this issue.

I would prefer, if he can see the whole tree and at the top there is field. On entering into the field the entries should get reduced on relevant categories.

And on clicking a category, the category should be taken over to incident/cr.

In incident/cr itself a button should be ok, to open the tree view.

Kind regards

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chistian

this is simple and we achieved several times in various customer scenarios

Kindly connect with ABAPer or CRM ABAPer to be more specific ......to build AET field on the screen and he will help to design the value list on pressing F4

this is much easier to achieve rather than modifying the standard component etc.

secondly in terms of reporting MLC has a concatenated display which means all the values are joined and displayed as one input.

where as when you are designing with your own logic with AET the display of this fields in the output or including in search options is much easier

i hope this gives some more clarity

Regards

Prakhar

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

I am an ABAPer and will do the enhancement.

But I would prefer, if we can create a kind of a button with a text like "Category-Browser", because otherwise the users will not find/know the functionality.

Is there now guideline how to create a button via BSP_WD_CMPWB?

Kind regards

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

you can check or refer below links for the same

CRM Web Client UI Framework - CRM - SCN Wiki

Creating Radio Buttons in the Web UI - CRM - SCN Wiki

as this is all based upon crm component, so checking above links can give you some insights

Thanks

Prakhar

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

may you provide your guideline for this?

Kind regards

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dan, could you please help me on this?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

This is development, so if its okay then you need next steps:

1. Create own BSP application with tree view you may use this wiki http://scn.sap.com/blogs/poonam.assudani/2009/06/24/create-a-tree-view-display-in-crm-web-ui
  2. Now you need to choose which method will call Tree view you created in 1 point:
    1. this can be link to Tree View
    2. Separate button in toolbar
    3. Create PPF action that will launch POPUP with tree view and after this sends data to Category levels

So firstly choose the concept and search SCN wiki for CRM WEB UI developments.

Rg Dan

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

I did already the following.
I did create a link (enhanced category view) which opens the popup.

This popup is an own bsp-application in which the user can select the category.

But now I have the problem, that I can't update the category or I don't know how.

I did the following. I did create an method which updates the category via FM CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN.

But my problem is, as there is now realtion to the other BSP.

So I have to transfer the data via memory variables (but thats not really a problem for me) and after choosing a category in the popup, you need to press at least two times enter to update the category.

So again:

1. You click the link which I did add to category view

2. PopUp (own BSP-application) will be opened in new windows and also new session

3. User chooses a category and popup will be closed

4. (1st enter) method trigers if a category was set in the memory, if so, the FM CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN sets the category

5. (2nd enter) you can see the category in the category-fields

So how can I solve this problem, that the categorie fields are filled out immediatly.

BTW: the problem, if I use FM CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN in a method and the fields are filled out after pressing once again enter I have also in other methods, how can I force an update of the fields immediatly?

Kind regards

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dan, I don't want to hurry, but could you please provide some help here, thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Sorry for delay, had issues at work.

ok now anwers:

1. If you use CRM ORDER MAINTAIN, you need to save before User come back to first screen, but in this case you may have lock problems, be cause user is already in Edit mode of object. So here is need to re-think.

2. You may do this, there is a BSP application called BTCATEGORIES. You need to enhance it tcodeBSP_WD_CMPWB.

2.1 Here you will find all 4 layers and you can set Value in Get_CAT1 method and so on, after this it will be displayed immediatly when User came back to first screen.

2.2 to send data there you can use 1 Function group with global data, but be carefull and dont forget to refresh it in right way. So 1stly you filling some global iternal table of FG in you own popup BSP.

2ndly you read this in GET_CAT1,2,3,4 methods and setting value.

Regards Daniyar

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

no problem, I am glad that you help so much.

Thats a good idea.

But how to trigger the methods. Because I think the also need a kind of "enter" to be executed.

Like PBO/PAI in Abap - right?

But the PopUp where the user can select the categorie is another window, so all actions therein will not exectue an "pbo".

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

You dont need to trigger them, be cause usually they are triggered at any action.

For example, when user done with choosing right category in Your BSP he is going back to BSP of Incident and AT this moment this methods should be triggered.

Just check with External break-point, even without enhancment put ext. break, call you BSP and look if its triggers.

Regards Dan

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

I think you missunderstood.

Because I need to trigger them.

I also tested with the breakpoint.

You are right, every click in the "ITSM"-UI forces an "pbo" (or I don't know the wording in this technology).

But, I did now create a link in the "ITSM"-UI, which opens a PopUp.

And on clicking in the popup (selecting the category) the PBO is executed in the PopUP session and after this the popup gets closed.

But there is NO pbo executed in the "ITSM"-UI.

Only by clicking the next field in "ITSM"-UI pbo gets active.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

What if you Implement this Popup not in separate link but in the GET_CAT1,2,3,4 methods?

f.e.

when user tries to expand eny category level, in get_cat method you will send Popup.

Then after hi fiinishes you will update in all GET_CAT methods accordingly?

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Otherwise, you need to force an action of already loaded BSP Class, by calling event e.g. on click or on select etc.

Dan

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

this would be a good Idea.

But I would prefer, to have a separater "link" there.

Maybe, I can implmenet the separate link in the component?

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Christian,

Also if you remember in ITSM there is standard popup "Assign  you as message processor" and after processing the Incdent gots updated, Try to search for this method.

Yes you also can Implement link as an field or object with intial Value.

Then all will happen in one place.

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Any updates? did you made it?

Regards Daniyar

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

update yes - solved not

I've done the following.

I enhanced via BSP_WD_CMPWB the component BTCATEGORIES, View BTCATEGORIES/Categories.

With this I got also the BSP-Application ZBTCATEGORIES in which the enhanced views are stored.

Next I did create manually via SE80 in BSP-Application ZBTCATEGORIES a further "Page with Flow Logic", which is the popup.

I've enhanced the view "Categories.htm" and did assign a link there "Category Browser".

This is the link which is display in ITSM. After clicking on this link, the "Page with Flow Logic" will be called in the same session.

But as a new window - popup.

After choosing a categorie in the popup the window will be closed, but I still don't know how to update the fields directly after closing the popup.

Kind regards

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should be enough, if somebody can explain me how I can execute a refresh at the ITSM-layer, because in that case I can update the fields directly.

Kind regards

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May it be possible with something like this?
parent.parent.window.opener.location.reload();

But I don't know how to implement in BSP

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

maybe you know, how to call a bsp_wd_cmpwb view as a popup?
Because in that case I would create a new view, which would be the popup, and call this.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Sorry for delay, have a big task at work too...regarding to development

You need to use a Tree technique and put this in GET_P_CATEGORY1,2,3,4.

and then call main class event like EH_ONSELECTED_CAT or DO_FINISH_INPUT.

Better serf CRM WEB UI and BOL programming.

Sorry i have not much time

Regards Dan

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

I need again your help please.

So after the popup I call now the GET Method and there I can set the value.

But this is just enough for the next PAI.

So I think it is required, to set the value via EH_ONSELECTED_CAT, but how do I call this method?

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Method is called here

METHOD get_p_xxxx.

CASE iv_property.

WHEN  if_bsp_wd_model_setter_getter=>fp_server_event.

rv_value = 'SELECTED_CAT'.

ENDCASE.

ENDMETHOD.

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mention that you don't need to write like

rv_value = 'EH_ONSELECTED_CAT'.

here is right variant

rv_value = 'SELECTED_CAT'

and also You may call own event? why not.

Rg Dan