Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 doc type and 2 content repository

former_member334926
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have 5 document type in DMS and 2 content repository.

Doc type QWE, ASD, JKL - pdf files must be in content repository X

Doc type ABC, BNM -  pdf files must be in content repository Y

How should I proceed to do this?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I understood your latest information correctly your request is that the files are stored automatically to storage category if you add a file to a document info record and save it. To achieve this behavior the first important setting here are the flags "Checkin" and "Checkin required" which are already set for the used

document status.

This first setting enables the automatic start of the checkin process. But to have a specific storage category choosen for an original workstation application, you have to do another setting and create a profile in your system in the customizing under

- Cross Application Components

- Document Management System

- General Data

- Define profile

For this profile pleasee add your workstation applications under "Determine definitions for applications". Here you can maintain the default storage category for this application in field 'Storage cat.'. Since this profile is created assign it to all your users directly. Then if an user adds a new original file and chooses a workstation application the system should take the storage category automatically from the profile.

Another proposal would be to use the BADI DOCUMENT_STORAGE01 which should offer also methods to control which storage category should be taken for which workstation application. I hope that this information could be useful for you. To set up this scenario in detail I would recommend you to contact your local consulting organization too which will help you in realizing a solution that meets all your requirements.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member334926
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph

Thank you for for your help

Today storaged files PDF to DMS doc type QWE, ASD, JKL in storage category X.

Now I need to create another 2 DMS doc type ABC, BNM but this PDF files must be storaged in category Y.

But for QWE, ASD and JKL must be storaged in category X still.

Regards

former_member334926
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph

Is possible this situation?

I add  file PDF in DIR (QWE, ASD, JKL in storage category X).

I add file PDF in DIR (ABC, BNM in category Y).

Resume:

I have the same application (PDF) for 5 different DIR that I need use 2 storage category.

When occur check in PDF file (for example) must be storaged in correct category depending the DIR.

Regards

nurgul_citlak
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi 🙂 This too old post but I ve got similar issuise

I'm working with the customizing that you mentioned. I have profiles and I have different repositories in those profiles.

Let me tell you my scenario.

Two diffrent repo:

First repository: ZT - HTTP

Second repository: ZY - Sap system database

I have 2 different workstation app registrations.

DC30 :

First rec X : File extension *.*

Second rec Y: File extension *.*

Two profile recs:

First profile Assign X WS APP rec and ZT Rep

Second Profile Assing Y WS APP rec and ZY Rep.

My goal is to save different document types in different repositories.

If I using this cutomizing as above, everything works, but the user has to choose from a pop-up. I dont want this. I want it with out pop up selection. I want to assing WS to Doctype or Repo to Doctype..