Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOSB for all users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement to restrict SOST t-code for display only.

But, as this is an Admin t-code i couldn't find a way to restrict this t-code via auth. objects/values.

Hence, i tried SOSB which is not having Delete button/Access. But, SOSB only shows the requests for the user/sender who has logged in and not for all the users/senders.

Can you please let me know if there is a way we can make SOSB to show requests pertaining to all the senders/users.

Thanks for your help

• Ravi Pinjani.
1 REPLY 1

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes, You are right. SOST is a administrator tcode and you could not restrict it via auth. objects/values. That's the reason we used SOSB & SOSG to restrict the SOST transaction.

836463      SOSB/SOSG: Displaying/hiding functions   (if you are above 640 this note is already present)

If you want a user is only allowed to select send requests of certain users or groups, you can use transaction SOSG. This is same as SOST, but it performs authorization check in object  S_OC_SOSG instead of S_OC_ROLE. Again if you want a user to be able to only select their own send requests then use SOSB.

So I prefer to use SOSG, where the authorization object S_OC_SOSG have three fields, which you can maintain as per your requirement.

CLASS             User group in user master maintenance

USER               User Name in User Master Record

SENDER          Authorization for displaying send requests for particular

users/user groups.

Regards,

Rafikul