cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI Webdynpro Track Migration from 7.0.1 to Higher Version 7.3.1

0 Kudos

Hi

We have Netweaver 7.01 environment consisting of NWDI 7.01 , Portal Dev 7.01, and Portal Qas 7.01 NWDS used here is 7.01.

The code was checked in the Track  through NWDS and the corresponding configuration was maintained in the landscape configurator .Run Time Systems Settings were maintained too for Auto Deployment & the Build variant had been kept here as default.

Through Transport Studio we check in the same and we navigate  through different tabs , In Development we import it and then we do it in consolidation, we assemble it and then we import it in Test and the approve it. We can export the SCA and manually deploy the SCA file in EP Dev and Test box or depend on auto deploy as mentioned prior.

The SCA files gets Auto Deployed and SCA file in the name of Connector900NW701.sca is generated that contains Webdynpro applications to support: Customer, Vendor, Business Partner.

These applications run fine in Dev. and Test boxes. : Portal Dev 7.01, and Portal Qas 7.01

Now the code contained in the SCA File Connector900NW701.sca should work on NWDI, EP Dev and QA 7.3 with EHP 1 which I have installed.

I did not upgrade the old landscape of Netweaver 7.01(NWDI , EP dev,qa) directly to 7.3.1 due constraint like Business decision of supporting both the Releases and having availability of both the versions and the infrastructure limitations to upgrade the existing server boxes running on NW 7.01.

Due to this reason I created a new environment and got NWDS 7.3 with EHP 1 and installed new servers with NWDI, Portal Dev, and QA on Netweaver 7.3 with EHP 1 on separate boxes.

What do we want to do now?

1. We want to migrate the contents of  one of the Tracks of the old NWDI that contains WebDynpro Applications and make it work on the latest NWDI which is on Netweaver 7.3 with EHP 1. There is only one track contents which we want to migrate to the latest NWDI.

2.  We then want to then deploy the SCA file generated from the latest NWDI which would be assembled with other dependent SCAs for 7.3.1 NWDI Tracks .

3. Then deploy it to Portal Dev. and QA and run the applications as they run on the Old Portal which is on Netweaver 7.0 with EHP 1.

What I did

I created a New Track for Webdynpro application in the new NWDI with similar track name like old and used  Webdynpro Application 7.3 Temaplate and got the old SCA file developed from the old NWDI and checked it in with the Dependant SCA’s for 7.3.1(Webdynpro specific SCA’s) through CMS-Inbox and then in Development and then in Consolidation-assmebled and then took it in test.

But I dont see it in the Dev-QA Portal in Web-Dynpro Application as I see in the old Portal systems but when I check in backend through JSPM it shows as deployed.

Also the SC and the containing DC are visible in CBS & DTR in NWDI but the Custom SC in CBS-Builspace shows up with META Deta error and compile state as unknown in both Development and Consolidation but rest of the states are green for all activities . Also the state of rest of Dependant Webdynpro SAP Standard SC's is green for all activites.

Also the Build variant for the Old Track in 701 and the new Track in 731 has the same Build Variant that is default.  SLD is common for both the NWDI systems and works absolutely fine.

First prefferd approach was to do this from NWDS by checking out and checking in the new NWDI but that could not happend due to some constraints involved at the developer end.

For sure something is being missed due to which things are not working and the developer has no clue how to help me with this and I need to sort this alone from admin end.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Vishwam,

Did you create a new version of your custom SC in the SLD with the 7.31 build time dependencies (see note 1457908)?

0 Kudos

Stefan

I did create the New Version of our Custom SC at the time of creating a New Track in the new NWDI & I checked in the Custom SC with the SAP Standard SCA's that are required for 731

As the content of the Custom SC is of Type Webdynpro therefore I checked in the following SCA's along with the Custom SCA created from the old NWDI along with  following type of SAP Standard SCA's  required with 731 :

Web Dynpro

• COMP_BUILDT
  • ECM-CORE
  • ENGFACADE
  • ENGINEAPI
  • ESCONF_BUILDT
  • FRAMEWORK
  • MOIN_BUILDT
  • SAP_BUILDT
  • WD-RUNTIME

The Standard SC's and the Custom SC's gets successfully checked in NWDI  and then Imported in Dev and Consolidation , then assembled.

All this goes fine , but when I check the DEV & QA boxes the binaries of the same are visible in the JSPM and in deployed Software Component but it does not show up in the Content Administration which includes the WebDynpro Applications.

Also to add here , when I check in NWDI ( The latest version)

The CBS Buildworkspaces contain different compartments for Custom SC's and Standard SC's

The DC's in the standard compartment show green for all the activities but for the Custom SC's it does not in Dev & Cons both.

It shows compile state as unknown and the Metadata state in error.

I am attaching the screen shot for reference.

Cheers.

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Vishwam,

Click on your custom SC and then click on the broken DC. Take a look the "Reason for Being Broken" message and click on the build/request logs for more info. This document will give you some ideas on fixing the broken DCs.

Stefan

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to do the manual migration for  the dc developed in nw7

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this