cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatible Objects in Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having 4 Folders(classes) in my Universe, how to set incompatible objects.

Ex:

Folder1:

Folder2:

Folder3:

Folder4:

Compatible folders(combination):

1-->Folder1 & Folder2

2-->Folder1 & Folder3

3-->Folder1 & Folder4

If i selected one object from Folder2 & another object from Folder3, then it will show incompatible objects

If i selected one object from Folder3 & another object from Folder4, then it will show incompatible objects

If i selected one object from Folder2 & another object from Folder4, then it will show incompatible objects

Please give me solution.

Thanks,

N Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

opening the Universe is the folder structure that is defined in the Business Layer.

1. Generic dimensions are put in top level folder (Like Product, Customer, Plant..etc)

They contain dimensions objects containing the attributes of the dimensions and sub-                  folders for related dimensions data, but never any measures.

1. Fact tables are presented  as top level folder (Sales, Fiance, etc) this folders have measures  related to fact table as well as dimensions objects that displays the attributes from the fact table.

1. A dimension that specific to a fact table and has no other generic use is put sub-folders of the fact folders it belongs to
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi,
Cause

This error is caused by any of the following problems in the definition of the universe:

• There are incompatible objects in the universe and the universe designer did not set the option that allows multiple SQL statements for each context.

• There are no contexts in the universe and the query has created a loop.

• The query objects exclude all possible SQL choices for an aggregate aware function.

• The universe contains an object which references more than one table on separate contexts.

Action

The universe designer needs to make appropriate modifications to the universe with Designer.

Detect For Loops Or Aliases in your Universe .

Check The structure for Folder 2 & Folder 3 Objects (same for other).

Please Check The Links Below.

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=93487

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Can you explain in detail, what you are trying to achieve.

Also check if your tables are joined in Data foundation or universe designer structure.

If they are not or not present in the proper context, you will get incompatible objects error.

Thanks

Gaurav