SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Budget Version in BCS in Fund Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have defined filter settings in AVC for active version which is usually '0' but I need to define different versions to be activated in different periods as our client revise the budget every month and they want to check the actuals against the revised version instead of original version.

I could not find a way to make the other budget versions active. Please help me.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards

Rohit

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Availability control is applied only to active version, where the consumption is registered.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli.

I need to understand bit on Active Budget Version. You mean to say that in Controlling Module Actuals are always posted in Version '0' hence AVC will work only for Version '0' and no any other version.

Is it possible to make different versions active for different months if above statement is not true. If yes then what are the steps to make it possible.

Thanks in adavnce. Really appreciated for quick response!

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, what I meant, that these are the defaults. You can create, though, AVC ledger and define its consumable budget based on whatever version. Of course, you have to assign this version to a status, but that's obvious, as you wouldn't be able even to introduce the budget values otherwise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

Thanks Once Again!

I need to check how the system will know that which AVC ledger to check in a particular period.Even I have defined AVC ledger and have done the filter settings for each of this control ledger for different versions how the system will know which contro, ledger to check.

I tried to define a AVC ledger and have activated the same but still system takes the default for AVC check.

Regards

Rohit

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set a trace on tolerance profile derivation strategy and check whether the consumption is checked against the ldegr that you have defined.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, why can't you have 13 additional versions - say call them P00, P01, ..., P12, You budget your original budget in P00 and copy it to version 0 and freez P00. Perid 1 revised budget is in P01 and you copy it to version 0 in period 1 and then freez version P01, so on and so forth. AVC ledger 9H only has version 0 but all versions are saved to ledger 9F. That is why you'll need to copy revised version to version 0.