cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Host and Diagnostic agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are running ECC 6.6 and Portal on SAP Net Weaver 7.31 and we have solution manager 7.1 , As I have read many places that host agent get installed automatically with Net Weaver Installation.I am able to find hostctrl folder and service SAPHostControl  in Portal Server,But in R/3 there is no such service or folder.So do I need to install host agent separately.

One more Question do I need to have Host agent mandatory to install SAP Diagnostic(SMD) agent ?

Thanks & Regards

Chander

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you install the Diagnostics Agent 7.20 or 7.30, it will automatically install the HostAgent.

After the installation, your should upgrade to latest version.

Check notes 1858920 and 1365123.

Regards,

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manuel for your help ,I installed Diagnostic agent and host agent also came with Diagnostic agent.

Regard

Chander

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to know that my answer helped you.

Please mark my answer as the right one

Regards,

MM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chander

If your ECC is netweaver 7.0 and above the Diagnostic Agent will be automatically Installed with the installation and the Instance name you can see as DAA in the SAPMMC. if you have the instance in the MMC you have the Dia Agent and Host installed in ECC already. For using SMD you need to have the Host agent installed mandatory for collecting information from the ECC DAA agent to Solman DAA agent for data collection and feeding data in tools like Exception Analysis, Workload Analysis, Trace Analysis and Change Analysis.

Regards,

Vinod Palli