cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender JDBC.....pick data from table view?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

working on JDBC for first time, so have few questions.

data base guys want to create a table view and we need to pick the data from table view.

my question is can we import the structure form data view?

if i am not able to import, so i need to create the structure same as in data base table view and is it case sensitive?

they dont want to update the data base table view, very time the SQL query will pick all the records form data base.

the records will be less then 10,000.

my question is as we are not updating the table view, what we need to write in update query as it is mandatory?

Regards,

Chinna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

data base guys want to create a table view and we need to pick the data from table view.

my question is can we import the structure form data view?

>>No, u have to created it manually.

if i am not able to import, so i need to create the structure same as in data base table view and is it case sensitive?

>>Yes, and make sure u follow proper sequence as well.

they dont want to update the data base table view, very time the SQL query will pick all the records form data base.

the records will be less then 10,000. my question is as we are not updating the table view, what we need to write in update query as it is mandatory?

>>Just put *

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

Q:if i am not able to import, so i need to create the structure same as in data base table view and is it case sensitive?

A: I think it is case sensitive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi China

I think the JDBC adapter in SAP PI does not support database views.

You can ask DB team to create store procedure which will fetch the data from table and updated the database.

Then u can call the store procedure in the sender JDBC adapter.

Select Query in sender adapter : EXECUTE store procedure name

Update Query in sender adapter : TEST

Hope this is clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

thanks for the update,  stored procedure is used to update, insert and delete option and we can use table view for the select option.

correct me if i am wrong.

regards,

chinna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i hope below option help in update query

• In place of the SQL statement, you can also enter <TEST>. Once the data determined from Query SQL Statement has been successfully sent, the data in the database remains unaltered.

This is recommended if the data has not only been read, but also changed by a stored procedure entered under Query SQL Statement.