Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALEAUD Configuration doubts

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a requirement. I have to send PO in ORDERS IDoc to File server. The File server will respond with IDoc number and IDoc status. XI has to send these two values to ECC in ALEAUD IDoc. We are doing it as two asynchronous scenarios.

Apart from the two values which we get from ECC, I think we need to hard code the values in XI Mapping. I mean the control record values in EDIDC structure. What all are the values to be hard coded, and where do I find that?

Is it possible to avoid the hard coding of values in XI mapping as it will create problems in Transport.

Is it just enough that we send ONLY the two values to IDoc and we use a receiver communication channel with proper configurations at receiver send?

Harish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>Apart from the two values which we get from ECC, I think we need to hard code the values in XI Mapping

Just make sure u are mapping only mandatory fields/segment (which i doubt won't be many) and ur E2E scenario will work.

>>I mean the control record values in EDIDC structure. What all are the values to be hard coded, and where do I find that?

Don't hardcode values in EDI_DC40 segment, instead of that use header mapping (Search SDN with header mapping u will find how to do it) - I think it's the best option.

>>Is it just enough that we send ONLY the two values to IDoc and we use a receiver communication channel with proper configurations at receiver send?

Answered above.

BTW, which idoc adapter (java or abap) u are using?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

// BTW, which idoc adapter (java or abap) u are using? //

It's PI 7.1, so it's not Java

Thanks for the inputs, I think we still can do it with Receiver IDoc configuration. Treat it like any normal File to IDoc scenario

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>I think we still can do it with Receiver IDoc configuration. Treat it like any normal File to IDoc scenario

Obviously, u can do it.

I was just checking.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can only pass the sender and receiver partner details using the receiver idoc adpater header configuration...so still you need to pass the relevant message type, if any partner functions info in control rec along with your data record values.....

you can use trail and error approach...for precise info of header record values required..

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

Yes try to use the only two fields and disable the other fields in PI message mapping.

Configure the IDOC receiver channel with proper values and see if it works or not.