Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message 8I 478 error at MIRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing a very strange problem with the message control 8I 478 as an error at MIRO with different behavior in different servers.

In dev the same scenario with same message control the message is not triggering and taxes also calculating but in PRD the message is coming error.

Scenario:

PO-Dealer scenario--qty 100

VL31N-100 qty

J1IEX_C with MRP indicator for 100 qty(Mat type raw material)

MIGO-90 qty

Then again with J1IEX_P part 2 posted for 90 qty.

doc status in tables J_1IGRXREF-posted,J_1IEXCDTL-in process,J_1IEXCHDR-in process.

Now at MIRO in Dev server taxes are getting calculated with proper tax code and part 2 posting not yet done error is not appearing(8I-478).

Same scenario in PRD at MIRO error part 2 posting not yet done is coming for 8I-478, message control are same in both the servers.

Kindly suggest.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the issue is not happening in DEV, then ask your MM / FI consultant to compare both DEV and PRD.  I feel, some MM/FI related setting is missing and hence the issue.

You may also have a look at the following OSS notes

• Note 1535398 - 8I478 error when invoice is posted for service PO in MIRO
  • Note 591587 - Message 8i478 appears even though Part II is posted

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, just to know what settings could be missed, since checked both the system and found there are at par.

These notes I have already checked and the other related posts also after that only I have posted my message.

For information using ECC6 with SAPKH60509 APPL support pack.

Regards

0 Kudos

The said message should have been maintained in Logistics - General > Tax on Goods Movements > India > Tools > Message Control.  Compare here in both the clients and update here.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

It is same as I have mentioned in my original message.

0 Kudos

The said message is a Configurable message and can be set User wise in the Path SPRO-Logistic General-Tax on goods Movements-India-Tools-Message control.

Compare the said message setting in both Development server and Production server and see any differences are there.

Also check the Excise Invoice status in the excise tables J_1IEXCHDR, J_1IEXCDTL, J_1IGRXREF tables and compare the tables in both Development server and Production server. If you have abaper with you then ask him to debug the MIRO transaction if required.