Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert issue when multiple interface have same business system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alerting Issue:

We have created different alert rules for different interfaces with unique names for each interface and different severity level.

To each alert rule we have assigned the configuration objects (ICO, Business System, Service Interface)

Some of the interface have common business systems.

Fr ex- Interface1 - Alert1

Interface2 - Alert2

Interface3 - Alert3

When interface1 is failing, I can see alerts are coming for interface2,interface3 also which should not come technically.

The alert for failed interface i.e. Alert1 is coming proper. But Alert2, Alert3 are also coming at the same time with subject line as of  Alert2, Alert3 but email body (ErrorTxt, ServiceInterface, Business System) is same as Alert1.

has anyone had this issue before? Please advise.

Thanks,

Vertika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have remove all business system and service interfaces from alert rule and kept only ICO for each interface and now it is working properly.

In one of the synchronous interface we enabled on the XML validation from ICO and in that case the alert was not coming at all  that is where I tried adding business system in alert rule. After adding business system to alert rule the alerts for xml validation started coming but at the same time all other alerts were messed up probably because of common business system.

When I have removed BS from alert rule, the alert is properly coming all scenarios but no alerts are coming when I am enabling xml validation in ICO.

I don't have any idea why alerts are not coming when we are enabling the xml validation from ICO.

Thanks,

Vertika

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just add the relevant communication channel(which is being used for xml validation) to the alert rule and see if that works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh it doesn't give option to add communitcation channel.

Thanks,

Vertika

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

was blind

How about having a default rule? which can capture all the exceptions not caught by other rules..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you mean to say put check on all the boxes available in Alert rule config?

I did not get exactly, can you please elaborate?

Thanks,

Vertika

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. while creating the new alert rule.. there is a check box for " Create default rule" which should capture all errors which are not caught by other alerts rules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had observed similar situation.

SAP recommended in OSS note that it should be mapped at granular level, meaning try to see if you an add only service interfaces only.

You can always check Message header rules in NWA to check the rule consistency.

Best Regards

Divyesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

Try to give only Business systems and Service Interfaces, so rule combinations will be created with only BS and SI

Follow below blog to create custom new Alert consumer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can you try by creating a individual consumer for alert rule?

It should work.

Thanks,

--Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have deactivated the alerts for other interfaces even then I can see alerts 4 alerts coming with different subject line for each interface and email content consists of actual interface error content that has failed.

Is there specific configuration for alerts to handle alerts for more interfaces.?

I am using default ALERT-TO-MAIL Consumer.

Thanks,

Vertika

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you created the default alert rule too??

if so it captures them..

also you should be able to find the alert rule name in the subject?

What is it showing??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created unique alert rule for all four interfaces and in each alert rule i have selected ALERT-TO-MAIL consumer.

I am getting different subjects but email content is same in all of them and all of the are getting generated at same time. It actually weird behavior.

Thanks,

Vertika

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika - From the above screenshot i see that you are getting alerts from all other rules as well.

You have mentioned that you disabled other alert rules.. can you make sure your cache is getting updated after deactivating the alert-rule?

If all your four interface share the same configuration scenario then please remove it from the objects..

You can simply assign ICo. you should be able to receive the alerts..

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vertika - I think you should just assign the ICo object but not the business system to the alert rule.

Did you try that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Do we need to assign only ICO? I removed business system even the I am getting multiple alerts of various interface but email content of one error only.

Now I have ICO and service interface assigned to alerts.

Thanks,

Vertika