Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue working with WPF client v6.1.0.3 for SAP Service Manager 4.0

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This issue is similar to an on - going discussion -  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3508608

Issue Description :

1. We installed WPF client 6.1.03 for SAP Service Manager 4.0 using SMP 2.3 SP00. We got the below error

2.  To solve this error we followed the forum - http://scn.sap.com/thread/3465106 and installed the certificate following the link for installing the self signed certificate from Sybase infocenter.

3. We came to know that this is due to the SMP version. hence as suggested by SAP we upgraded the server to SMP 2.3 SP03

4. We tried to connect the WPF client and again got the error "Communication error 14"

My Question is

1. After the server upgrade from SP2.3 SP03 , do I still need to generate a certificate again ? Is yes Please guide me the steps/document to do this step

2. Is there any document which mentions how exactly we use the WPF client, the configuration  to connect the SAP backend and download the Syclo Service Manager 4.0 application without any issue

Please guide

Thanks

Neha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the screen shoot it shows "Agentry Server (Generic)" this means even through you created a cert, the Agentry Server is still using the OOB one.  Please check your Agentry.ini settings to make sure that you have updated the needed sections to look at your certificate file.

the link here is used shows how to install the cert for all clients (Win32 and WPF are the same): SyBooks Online

Stephen Streeter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also please make sure you are using 6.1.3.x for your WPF client not 6.1.0.3

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Steve,

I tested with the WPF client 6.1.3.X.

I was getting a different error with the host name "Connect to server  myhostname certificate is for myhostname:domain name this is not valid. Commnication error(14)

However I got the solution in one of the link where they mention to provide the complete fully qualified domain name in the server ie myhostname:domain .

This has solved the issue and the WPF client is up and running.

Thanks for the help

Regards

Neha Mahanty

Answers (0)