Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Stock Posting

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

How the stock quantity can move to quality stock if at the time of process order confirmation stock type is "unrestriced use" and at the time of good receipt for order also stock type is  maintained as "unrestricted use" and saved. But inspection lot is created as stock relevent lot whereas in material master inspection setup "post to insp. stock" is unchecked (not active).

Is there any settings in QM that we can post the stock despite "post to insp. stock" is unchecked (not active)?

Thanks & Regards,

Neel.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neel,

If the stock of a material is in UR and inspection type is active for that material (but stock posting is not active), then this stock can be taken into QI using 322 movement by MB1B provided 08 inspection type is active along with 'Post to inspection stock'

And your this statement confuses me.

But inspection lot is created as stock relevent lot whereas in material master inspection setup "post to insp. stock" is unchecked (not active).

What do you actually intend to say by saying this?

Do you mean to say that you have not set 'Post to inspection stock' in material master but you see the tab for stock posting when you execute an inspection lot of this material in QA32 ??

ntn

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Yes you are right. The material is maintained with 04 inspection type without the "Post to inspection stock" check. But while after process order confirmation I am doing GR with stock type "Unrestricted Use" , the document is creating an inspection lot with status "SPRQ"(Stock relevent lot) with tab "stock Posting". Is it due to the IMG setting of "Define default values for inspection type"--> Post to insp. stock" ?

Thanks & Regards,

NKB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neel,

I think it is depend on your UD code.

You can see the it is QS43  --> check UD code (Posting proposal UD).

and also check this settings in SPRO --> Quality Management --> Quality Inspection --> Inspection Lot Completion --> Define Inventory Postings.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some days back, I had raised similar query. Thereafter, I released one document. Pl go through it once and all your doubts should clear then.

ntn

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your response. Your document is very helpful. It helped to proceed with my query.

Regards,

NKB

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Thanks for your response.

With Regards,

NKB.

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

I am testing your mentioned process , it seems it is the reason for stock moving to quality stock despite "post to insp. stock" is unchecked.

Thanks,

NKB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neel,

I think you have create your order before do the changes in material master.

If you have already created production order and deactivate the "post to insp. stock" indicator in material master after create production order then it will not reflect for this order.

you have to create new order and try or you have to change the existing ordr.

Sandip