cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Standard SAP Menus for Project Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am hoping that someone can provide a bit of advice with respect to providing NWBC menus to project team members. For example if you have a set of teams on your project one may cover Finance, another HR and another Procurement and you want to give them access to the ERP system via NWBC. One thing I thought to do as a starting point was create a role for each group and create the menu for that role by copying the standard SAP menu. For Finance I copied the "Accounting" node from the standard SAP Menu. What I found however was that the standard SAP Menu contained over 12,000 nodes and 15 levels:

On first log on NWBC is very slow as it creates the menu structure for the user - some times it even timed out (esp. for the Logistics role that had over 30,000 nodes).

I suppose one way would be to create a lean version of these roles with only the required content, but that I think will require a lot of work to work out what is required and what isn't.

Does anyone have any bright ideas? Most of the standard SAP roles I come across are targeted at business users (e.g. Accounts Payable Clerk or Finance Manager) not really targeted at someone who is configuring the system.

The other solution I suppose is to somehow speed NWBC up a bit - I wonder if there is a way to do that?

Thanks in advance,
Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to close this off in case anyone in the future is interested. What I ended up doing was creating a single project role for all project team members that had a Finance workspace, HR workspace and Procurement workspace as well as a "cross functional" workspace with some common transactions (like SPRO). Rather than use the standard SAP Menus we asked each area to nominate 10-20 (some had more) top transactions for their area and that's what the role contains to start with.

Overtime we may add/remove... but it's a start.

Hth,

Simon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon, and Samuli,

This is not the very same scenario, but here is the background for the issue:

1885214 - NWBC menu tree is not shown properly

BR

Melinda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interresting topic. Have you checked table NWBC_NAV_TREE for one of the users having bad performance? How many entries are there? You could try to experiment with PFCG menu option "Hide Menu from NWBC".