cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles and responsibilities of a Seeburger and SAP PI architect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know the roles and responsibilities of a Seeburger and SAP PI architect?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think u are asking  very generic questions.

>>Can you please let me know the roles and responsibilities of an architect from pi as well as Seeburger point of view

Anyway refer below blog which will list down all the activities needed to enable/monitor EDI in seeburger

From side u can check this:

>>Also can you please provide me the step by step procedure for custom mapping for EDI conversion in BIC?Is it strictly 1:1 or some node functions are needed to be applied?

Check the documents which comes with Seeburger shipment, i guess there u will find something on regular mappings (i remember there is a pdf on 1:1 mapping which provides references to some custom mappings) and BTW really doubt on SDN u will get E2E guide on the same.

>>Is it strictly 1:1 or some node functions are needed to be applied?

What do u mean by node functions?

As per my experience on seebuger, most of the EDI conversions can be completed using 1:1 mapping.

Where to refer the functional specification, does it come with Seeburger shipment?

>> I guess u are referring to EDI specifications like DESADV, RECADV? If so, then answer is yes and if u don't find it there then u can request Seeburger support team to provide u the same.

What other things come with Seeburger shipment? How can these things be used as a Seeburger architect?

Search seeburger shipment and  find it yourself.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the inputs.

Can you please elaborate the roles o be performed by a Seeurger architect?

Also,can you please let me know the use and steps to configure the following to enable EDI communication

1.Message tracking

2.Spliter

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since u have PI in ur landscape so I guess u are planning to use Seeburger for EDI conversions (using its adapter like AS2/SFTP and BIC) only? right?

If yes, then IMO, the task of a Seeburger architect is quite limited becoz in that case it's the responsibility of a PI consultant to do the configuration in PI as well as in Seeburger for example creating sda files having standard mapping, deploying the same on PI, configuring splitter rules in workbench etc to enable EDI conversions.

But, in case u need to do any custom mapping for EDI conversion in BIC then the role of a Seeburger architect can certainly come into the picture.

BTW, I have focused my answer in terms of development but in case u want more info then let me know.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the valuable reply.

Can you please let me know the roles and responsibilities of an architect from pi as well as Seeburger point of view

Also can you please provide me the step by step procedure for custom mapping for EDI conversion in BIC?Is it strictly 1:1 or some node functions are needed to be applied?Where to refer the functional specification, does it come with Seeburger shipment?

What other things come with Seeburger shipment? How can these things be used as a Seeburger architect?

Thanks in advance

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the below document for roles and responsibility

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2061257f-970c-2c10-3783-9821abb59...

also there is very good blog written by Abhinav

Please refer the below blog for BIC

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the valuable reply.

Can you please let me know the roles and responsibilities of an architect from pi as well as Seeburger point of view

Also can you please provide me the step by step procedure for custom mapping for EDI conversion in BIC?Is it strictly 1:1 or some node functions are needed to be applied?Where to refer the functional specification, does it come with Seeburger shipment?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please guide me?

Thanks in advance