cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is 'Forecast Rollover' in supply chain management usually done demand planners?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is 'Forecast Rollover' in supply chain management usually done demand planners?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh

Based on my understanding,  Rolling forecasting is in which the number of periods(Forecast Horizon) in the forecast remain constant so that if for example the periods of your forecast are monthly for 24 months then as each month is passed it drops out the month in the farthest period in the past and another month is added onto the end of the forecast so you are always forecasting 24 monthly periods out into the future. This process is repeated each month (every period).

Rolling Forecast offers necessary flexibility.

Please refer transaction code /n/SAPAPO/MC96B - Maintain Forecast Profiles and check Forecast Horizon and History Horizon settings.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for your answer.

But my question is why the demand planner will do manual forecast rollover??

With Regards,
Santosh G C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

For rolling now you are clear that each next month is added in demand planning book and previous month is removed.

Manual Forecasting is not considered in planning jobs. So, planners manually need to rollout.

Thanks,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If I understand this correctly, some business would like to roll over the unconsumed forecast in the past to the current month bucket as a monthly process. This can be done either manually or thru a batch process as a month end process.

Regards

Gk

Answers (0)