Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to assign user to a Functional Area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Can you please tell me the t-code to edit user account so we can contral the prevalages on the user.

I need to see the Functional area assigned to the user account..

Regards,

Vj

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

VJ,

I see you have now asked this question 3 times. Please explain in more detail what you are asking if the following doesn't answer your question.

High level overview:

Users are assigned roles via transaction SU01. These roles, which are maintained through transaction PFCG, contain the restrictions for the areas of SAP in which they can access.

Thus a role may be restricted by functional area and only users performing those functions are assigned to specific functional area roles.

Cheers,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

VJ,

I expect you are not referring to assigning user to any User groups during accessing Queries.... and if its exactly rhe functional area you are looking to then please be clear a bit more...

VBr,

Sri

Award points for helpful posts..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

The User account can be edited via Transaction Code SU01.

I donno what you mean by privileges? If those are the roles what you mean, then you can control them via Transaction Code PFCG.

The functional area assigned to the user account can be seen via "Roles" tab in the SU01 screen.

Regards,

Deepika

Message was edited by:

Lakshmi Venigala