cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in correct profile parameters in solman_setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i got error when doing solman_setup in system preparation . the error was check the profile parameters, i enter correct parameters value in rz10, according the sap note 1582842 - Profile parameters for SAP Solution Manager 7.1, but shows error while  doing solman_setup. the bellow are profile parameters and values in my system

Profile parameter rsdb/obj/max_objects has incorrect default value   current value 2000 recmonded 20000

Profile parameter rsdb/obj/buffersize has incorrect default value    current value 8192  recomended 50000

Profile parameter sap/bufdir_entries has incorrect default value      current value 200    recomended 10000

but in rz10 i was given the recomended values, but this reflects in solman_setup. can any one guide me

regards

vreddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Vreddy, You state "the bellow are profile parameters and values in my system Profile parameter rsdb/obj/max_objects has incorrect default value  current value 2000 recmonded 20000 Profile parameter rsdb/obj/buffersize has incorrect default value    current value 8192  recomended 50000 Profile parameter sap/bufdir_entries has incorrect default value      current value 200    recomended 10000 You say you set them correctly, but not base don what the current value is in your system. You can verify what the current, reccommended and default vaules are for all parameters by running the report in SE38 called RSPARAM. What profile are you setting htem in, because they may be set in another profile, remember if you define it corectly say in the default profile, you may be overwriting it in the Instance Profile, as a for instance? Worth checking as this is how you can think you have set the parameter to a specific value, but another value persists, since it is differenet values in a profile that is applied after the one the parameter was updated in, so it appears it is not changing, but really it is getting changed back. Regards, Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

thanks for the help . i check with ur tcode se38. it shows the system has the parameters bellow values

rsdb/obj/max_objects          User-Defind value        System-Default Value

20000                        2000

rsdb/obj/buffersize                  50000                        8192

sap/bufdir_entries                   10000                        2000

so my question is how to modify the system default value

regards

vreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you share RZ11 screenshot of specific profile parameters

Have a look to below link

Hope it helps

BR Vaibhav

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Veerrareddy sab, I think you may be missing the concept. SAP defines the parameter's default value. This is so if the user does not specify a specific value for a given parameter, it has a value defined. Therefore when a default value is not the value you want for any given parameter, you can change it. As it is has een pointed out there are static and dynamic parameters. Dynamic parameters take effect immediately, static parameters require a system restart. But also keep in mind you need to write the parameters to the OS level too, so the changes can be loaded on a restart...otherwise it will load the previous version of the profile, and they will go back to previous values, or default values depending on what was saved. You can set parameters for the entire system in the Default Profile and for specific instances in the instance profile. And the sequence is te default profile is applied first to all instances, and then the instance profile is applied to the corresponding instance, and would change any parameter set differently int he default profile that is explicitly referenced in the instnace profile. And any parameter that you have not specified, will have the value of the default parameter and that value is defined by SAP. If you need to change the default value of any parameter then the value is changed by explicitly setting it in the appropriate profile and saving that change and writing them to the OS level as well. Hope this helps. Regards, Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is your solution manager release, please apply the note Note 1716966 - Wrong Profile Parameter Check in solman_setup transaction

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

my solman release is solman7.1 and upgraded sp10 . both stacks are upgraded and kernla also upgraded. i got this error when doing system solman_setup system preparation, is this note

note Note 1716966 -aplicable to my system, i think this for sp5.

regards

vreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are static parameter and need SAP restart to take effective.

Explanation:

Basically there are 2 types of parameters :

Static

Dynamic

Static are the parameters those won't take effect immediately the value is set. Restart of an sap system is required for them to take effect.

Dynamic are the parameters those will take effect immediately in the run time. Restart of an sap system is not required for them to take effect.

Parameter can be differentiated whether it is dynamic or static by checking in RZ11 transaction of SAP.

BR Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i reboot the  server but not  give any effect , but if i see the parameter value in rz10 it shows modified, but when i doing solman_setup system preparation it gives the same error. attached screen shot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am suggesting you to check with your BASIS team for dynamic parameter change, actually dynamic parameters should not changed from RZ11 alone, You should change at OS level also. Change RZ11 and OS level both places, then restart it change in both places.

Please touch with basis team and change parameters and rerun the solman_setup.

also make sure you implemented the basic correction note 0001875627 for SP10.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the Activity documentation part.

Is all steps okay?

BR Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

We change the profile parameters,  with the reference of this sap not 1582842 - Profile parameters for SAP Solution Manager 7.1, retsart the sap solman system , but no effect , i implemented the basic correction note 0001875627 for SP10. sap note also . but no effect,

we didnt have production environment , we are configuring solman for  downloading support packs for my remininig systems like ehp5 and nwportal java system. thnaks for ur help

regards

vreddy