cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Past jobs, shold not execute after system startup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

I have query about the background job. Its BI System and having lot of jobs are scheduled hourly which are running always.

we down the system for the 2 hours or half of the day the job, the jobs are start in sequences  which taking long times.

for e.g.; we down the system @ 9:55am for the 2 hour, the system back @ 11:10 am.

The system will process jobs of 10am then to 11am.

I don't want to process the past jobs, the system should wait for next schedule to run it.

Please advise how to do that ?
!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

In general the standard SAP process during outage we willsuspend the the jobs  with : BTCTRNS1 and later on will release with : BTCTRNS2 after the system up and running with this the jobs which are  falling the outage window will be excuted upon BG work process availability .

In your case if you don't want to execute the jobs(falling outage window) after the outage ,better to list all the jobs and change the status of these jobs from Released --> scheduled.

After the outage you need to change these jobs from scheduled -> Release basoed on it's periodicity.

Note : If you havem ore jobs ,you might need more manula work .

Regards,

Srini

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer

Normally we have a standard program from release to suspend  (Program name - BTCTRNS1) same way from suspend to release  (Program name - BTCTRNS2).

In this case you may require to create a Zprogram with help of ABAPer. at the time of release the background job to be canceled.

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram

Thanks for answer! but my query is different. I don't want that system start my past job after system startup. System should wait to start to another next schedule instead of start the past job.

Regards

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer

I understand your requirement. For this with help of ABAPer you have to create a custom Z program to start the next schedule.

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram

I understand but there are 100+ jobs, I don't want to go on development but looking something standard and hidden tips to do it.

Regards

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can put the No start After Date & Time. So this job will not start after the down time.

Regards,

Subhash