cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation in Access request 10.0

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Do we have any possibility of putting the validation in Access request in GRC 10.0?

Before submitting the access request, it should validate the data entered in certain fields for ex: If user selects the business process as Finance and sub process as Inventory control, user shouldn't be allowed to submit the request until user selects correct sub process under Finance.

Thanks in advance.

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

Not sure if your comment for business process/sub process is an example but Allesandro already answered that one

You can enforce mandatory fields/switch field off/display only via you End User Personalisation and role selection can be via configuration parameters

If you have any other specific logic that isn't from IMG configuration you would most likely need to customise the webdynpro.

Do you have any specific issues or is this just a general question?

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

thanks for the answer.

We have the specific requirement as mentioned above.

We maintained the business processes and sub procesesses. So when user selects the buiness process as Material Management user has to select the sub process related to Material management only while logging the access request.

User shouldn't be allowed to select sub process that is not related to main sub process. Is this possible?

Also Is it possible to hide the sub processes that are not related to main business process? i.e, when user selects the business process as Material management, user should see only sub processes related to MM such as INV, PR..etc.

Thanks

Hari

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

Sub-process should be tied to business process based on IMG configuration/

The form functionality/match code search you only show sub process based on business process so that invalid combinations cannot be selected.

This question is something you should be able to confirm yourself on your system.

Regards

Colleen

Trinetra_Bhusha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for the input.

I have similar situation where I have defined Business Process and corresponding Sub process in IMG configuration.

In access request when we select Business Process in the Sub process drop down all the sub process is showed Ideally it should have shown the corresponding Sub process only.

Ex: FI have 2 Sub Process F1 and F2.

HCM have H1 and H2.

When I select FI BP it is showing F1,F2,H1 and H2 sub process expectation is it should show only F1 and F2.

Thanks,

Trinetra

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

do you have a screen shot of your configuration and also what the users see?

If you have built it as a subset then you might need to raise an incident with SAP to see if there is a problem as you should only see business sub process relating to the selected process

has the process been selected to limit the subprocess list?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trinetra,

Not very sure how have you configured your system. But in SPRO, Go to Governance Risk and compliance ->Access Control -> Maintain Business Processes and Subprocesses and maintain right subprocess under Business Process. PFB the screen shots.

For example, in the second screen shot, If I want to maintain SECURITY as one of the sub process under Basis, I should maintain SECURITY only under BS00 and not under any other Business Process.

In the request, If the user selects the Business Process as BS00(Basis), he/she will only be able to see SECURITY as subprocess and not anything else.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

Muhammad Fazil

Trinetra_Bhusha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen/Fazil,

Thanks for the response.

I have configured the BP and SBP correctly and still found the issues still exist.

Having said that I found the reason behind it  as per the note "1680685 - GRC 10.0 - Linkage between Business Process and Sub Business Process" this will not work in role search criteria as values are kept independent to each other.

Thanks,

Trinetra

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hari,

which field you are talking about? If you have defined the processes and subprocesses accordingly you should only be able to choose corresponding sub processes which belong to the main process.

For example if you use process/subprocess to select roles you cannot choose a wrong subprocess.

Regards

Alessandro

0 Kudos

Dear Alessandro,

Thanks for your reply.

In Access control, we have the fields Business Process: * & Sub  Process: *. User has to select the appropriate buiness process and within that user has to select the subprocess.

Issues are  occuring when the user selects the wrong sub process under the business process.

That means If user selects the business process as Finance, user has to select to sub process related Finance such as AP, AR ..etc. but sometimes users are selecting the wrong sub process for ex: INV(Inventory control) or GRC. This is causing the issues. Workflow is going to escape route.

So we want to restrict the user to select the sub process related to main business process only.

Also Is it possible to hide the sub processes that are not related to main business process? i.e, when user selects the business process as Material management, user should see only sub processes related to MM such as INV, PR..etc.

thanks

Hari