cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32K problem, nested iviews & datastore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm bumping into the 32K bug at this moment and was therefore trying to redesign my model with nested iviews. However I'm stuck at the moment.

I'm using Guard Conditions and Visability Conditions a lot to show a certain detail page based on a keyfigure that is selected from my main table. (depending on the keyfigure you select another detail page is displayed) All of this was working fine when I stay in one iview.

But how can I check the outcome of a certain table of my main iview in my nested iview ? When I place a datastore in the main iview I can not Access it in the nested iview ? I'm a little bit confused. Can anyone enlighten me or does anyone have good info on nested iviews ? (In the course and book it is explained very high level)

Just to make it clear, I used to have such kind of Guard Conditions in my main iview : BOOL(IF(#ID[ACCDEK]@KF_key=='455MXVA2AI3G18DVWNYXNC0O0',true,false))

(#ID[ACCDEK]@KF_key Is referrering to a certain keyfigure that is selected in my table in this main iview.

However now this Guard condition needs to work in my nested iview but referring (#ID[ACCDEK]@KF_key doesn't work anymore and I also can't access the datastore from my main level.

thanks

Message was edited by:

Double U

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Double U,

can't you pass the value - which you used to store in the datastore - to the nested iView as well? So that you don't try to access the data store of your main iView, but create another data store inside your nested iView. Pass the value - for example the name of the keyfigure - to a signal in port to your nested iView.

Hope this helps. Best Regards, Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

How Benni,

How do I do that exactly ? When I connect my table to my nested Iview I don't seem to be able to "exchange" this keyfigure ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Double U,

when you select a row in your table, the "select" event should automatically be fired. The data of the selected table row should then be sent to your nested iView (if you have created the needed fields on the in-port of your nested iView).

Thus, in the nested iView you should be able to make a reference to that incoming field. Maybe you have to add the select-event to your transition line or you have to define the fields to be transported to the nested iView.

I cannot design that myself right now, otherwise I could explain it more in detail.

I'm sorry. Best Regards, Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benni,

Thanks once more. My biggest problem is that I don't seem to be able to create fields on the in-port. I have linked my table and my nested iview but I don't seem to be able to transfer anything or create any field on the in-port aaaaaarghhh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Double U,

I tried that now. It works:

1. Navigate to your nested iView

2. Add a "signal in" if not yet done

3. Select "signal in"

4. click on + to add all the fields you need, e.g. "key_figure" and "value"

5. from that "signal in" drag a line out and select "data store"

6. select that data store

7. click on + to add the two fields "key_figure" and "value"

8. click on the transition line and make sure both fields are assigned

9. navigate back to your parent iView

10. draw a line from your table to the in-port of your nested iView

11. the event "select" should be created automatically

12. select that transition line

13. you should find the two fields "key_figure" and "value"

14. assign the values from the table to these two fields

Best Regards, Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Benni,

Maximum points assigned for your very helpfull answers !!

I managed to work this out but now I have some strange :

I moved all my elements (charts, tables, queries) from the main iview into a nested iview. My problem is now that all the individual title bars for these elements are not displayed anymore in the nested iview. I've tried various settings but didn't find anything. I hope this is solvable. Anyone any idea or should I post this in a new topic ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out that by making the setting "nested window" my title bars of all elements in the nested iview dissapear ? How can I get them back ? Hope I don't have to manually construct them via forms ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue solved afer choosing "primary fame" option for the elements in the nested iview

Answers (0)