cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEEBURGER EDI adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have confusion with Seeburger EDIadapter and Seeburger BIC adapter,do they have same functioning or are they different?

my understanding from my readings on SDN is Seeburger EDI can convert EDI to EDI-XML where as Seeburger BIC can convert EDI-XML to EDI.so we can use Seeburger EDI on sender side and Seeburger BIC on reciever side if we want to integrate XI with EDI systems.am I correct?

if anyone have more documents how to configure Seeburger EDI,Seebuger BIC and Seeburger AS/2 adapter please forward them to my email Id <u>sdn.babu@gmail.com</u>.I have all stuff that are there in sdn about seeburger.

thank you,

babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

First you need to instal Seeburger BIC and then you should generate the XSD structure of the all yor documents.In Sebbburger BIC mapping designer is generate thes type of all the mappings1)E2X----EDI to XML and X2E ---XML to EDI etc.Seeburger BIC mapping desigener can take care all the tranformatiom of EDI to XML and XML to EDI.once instalitation is finshed, then you can chek with BIC mapping desginer .

Seeburger adapter is the B2B EDI Adapter.Seeburger adapter is also many types adapters:

1)BIC Adapter

2)Split997 adapter

3)AS2 adapter.

Based on your usage you have to configure thes adapter.for example

AS2 sender adapter:

1)AS2

2)Asynchor MDN Setting:

a)SSL Certificates and Clint certifactes.

b)SSL host name:HTTP Timeout,MDN Retry interval and MDN Retry count

c)use proxy

AS2 Receiver adapter:

a)HTTP:server ,port ,url and http time out

b)proxy:

c)AS2:Compress,Sign.Encrypt,Sign MDN use proxy and Xi Message

Seeburger Adapter have more funcations:it is very good to Moniter Message.

1)Archiving

2)Message monitor

3)message Spliter

4)Mapping Variable

5)Resource manger

If you nedd any more information regarding the Seeburger ,send your maild then i will send the some more docs to you.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you for giving me some more info about the adapters.here is my email ID please forward me some docs

thanks alot Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ramesh

Can you forward the documents to vaccu2001@gmail.com

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If any body wants any info regarding the configuration of AS2 adapter and VAN adapter please go thorugh the below threads which is replied by me.

Seeburger thread:

Refer this forum which is replied by me which talka about the configuration which need to be done for AS2 adapter. This is very helpful:

Seeburger info:

AS2 info:

Thnx

Chirag Gohil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

Can you please help me by sending those documents to me.

My ID: mohan.katta@wipro.com

Thanks

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreeram,

thank you for reply.I need some more info how can we configure AS2 adapter on XI system?I know how to configure BIC on Xi but not AS2.any links or documents please?

thank you..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Please, look for SAPXI30_AS2Adapter.pdf and SAPXI30_AS2Adapter_Setup.pdf in the manuals directory you have downloaded from SAP Marketplace.

Miguel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Miguel,

thank you,can you provide me exact URL to get those manuals please.

I have tried to get that link but still I didnt get.

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

see my above links te get more details abount AS2.

Also , no need to search or beg, if you have Seeburger is installed on your server, then plz try to contact your basis , toget actual seeburger manuals and BIC modules manuals also in a specific folder on server all these mnuals are stored.. so ask your basis team search the seeburger*.pdf,sure you will have ...

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your basis team should have downloaded a zip file from the sap marketplace. In this zip file you should have a directory called manual. Here you will find the manuals I mention in my last post.

Miguel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra and Satish,

thank you for your reply,

can we call BIC as a module rather than as an adapter?and Satish said it can be installed on XI,I think we can get the same look and feel in the monitoring as we get with other adapters like file/rfc etc.

AS2 has to be configured seperately not on Xi ,right?and is it used to communicate EDI documents with the trading partners of an enterprise over internet and replace VANs.

thank you,

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go through this document you will get a very clear idea of where BIC and Seeburger technical adapter fits into SAP NetWeaver XI

http://www.sap.com/asia/company/events/nwtechdays/presentation/singapore-slides/Seeburger_EDI_B2B_So...

- Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

can we call BIC as a module rather than as an adapter?

>>yes

AS2 has to be configured seperately not on Xi ,right?

>> you can configure in XI but not with std adapters.

and is it used to communicate EDI documents with the trading partners of an enterprise over internet and replace VANs.

>> Yes your are right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seeburger EDIadapter are purely technical adaptors(they can be used for technical communication)

For Example:

-AS2

-OFTP

-VanFTP

-X400

Seeburger BIC Adapter are basically mapping programme (can be deployed as module processors) can be installed on top of XI adaptor framework for EDI to XML and XML to EDI conversions.

Check this thread for more info.

Satish