cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Studio 7.9 error when initialize

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed the Database Studio 7.9 for MaxDB (my version of MaxDB: 7.8.02 Build 31) and I don´t know why but everytime I try to run it that returns an error:

JVM terminated. Exit code=-1

-Djavax.security.auth.useSubjectCredsOnly=false

-Djava.security.auth.login.config=login.conf

-Djava.security.krb5.conf=krb5.ini

-Djava.class.path=C:\sapdb\clients\DatabaseStudio\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar

-os win32

-ws win32

-arch x86_64

-showsplash

-launcher C:\sapdb\clients\DatabaseStudio\dbstudio.exe

-name Dbstudio

--launcher.library

C:\sapdb\clients\DatabaseStudio\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll

-startup

C:\sapdb\clients\DatabaseStudio\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_c20090715.jar

-vm C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\client\jvm.dll

-vmargs

-Djavax.security.auth.use.SubjectCredsOnly=false

-Djava.security.auth.login.config=login.conf

-Djava.security.krb5.conf=krb5.ini

-Djava.class.path=C:\sapdb\clients\DatabaseStudio\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar

I installed the Java that is recommended in SAP installation guide for MaxDB (Download Free Java Software) and then I set the JAVA_HOME environment variable for user <sid>adm and also I add the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin to PATH environment system variable.

I typed the following command in way to check the Java version that is installed on the server:

C:\>java -version

java version "1.7.0_51"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_51-b13)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode, sharing)

C:\>java -fullversion

java full version "1.7.0_51-b13"

Can you help me please to figure out what's the problem and the solution for this for I can start the database studio application?

Kind regards,

samid raif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi samid,

I guess the error is related to the Java version. Please read the SAP note 1097311 - SAP MaxDB Database Studio installation

Delete your Java platform and install a new one, the following Java version 1.6: Java SE Development Kit 6u45

URL:

Java Archive Downloads - Java SE 6

I believe this is the solution for your problem because I had the same problem in the past.

BR,

João Dimas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello João Dimas,

That is the solution! I deleted the java version 7 and then I installed the version 6 and now I can start the database studio 7.9.

Many thanks for your help

Kind regards,

samid raif

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Samid,

Install 64bit Java if not fix please try below threads.

Hope below thread help you.

Thanks & Regards,

V Srinivasan

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

You can start a DB studio with administrative rights by clicking the icon with the right mouse button and choosing "Run as administrator".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak Kori,

That´s not a solution for this problem. I had already started the DB Studio with "Run as administrator" option and the same error happens!

Any tips?

Kind regards,

samid raif

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

What is the OS and whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit.

Regards,

Deepak Kori