cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MultiSelect field is displayed extra wide in IdM UI after Portal update (IdM 7.2 SP8)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello community,

it's time again, I need your help with a very strange IdM issue.

My problem:

Our 7.31 portal was just (read: today) updated from SP6 to SP10. Now my IdM is not only ignoring the portal theme (which I need to look into, too), but is displaying MultiSelect fields with a width, that seems to find no end.

The scrollbar looks like this,when I look at a UI mask with a MultiSelect field:

And when I scroll completly to the right, the rows of the field will go on and on and on for quite some time and then end (circa in the middle of the page) and then I can scroll the rest of the page with just seeing the background and at the end I find the arrows, but no second field with the selected values (even when I click on the arrows):

I can select a value and add it via the arrows, then save and it will perform normally, what the mask is for, so the field itself is working, it's just the display, that is totally wonky.

Some comments:

1. My user has admin rights in portal and IdM.

2. I'm using IE 9 to look at this mess, with Firefox 23.0.1 everything looks like it should.

My question(s):

Pretty simple at that... what's going on? I've never seen the IdM (mis)behave like this and it looks like it's just the case in the IE.

Has anyone of you guys an idea, what could be wrong here?

Could this be connected to the issue, that the IdM (and other webdynpro applications like the UWL) don't use the portal theme anymore?

I fixed this by implementing SAP-note 1910490, so no connection there.

Regards,

Steffi.

Message was edited by: Steffi Warnecke Fixed the theme-problem and updated the post accordingly.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello community,

I got some news: The issue is solved by installing some more patches. It figures.

What was needed (at least in our case) is the latest WebDynpro patch and the newest AJAXRUNTIME. This solved the problem in our test-system and, as far as I can see, broke nothing else. So... yeah!

If anyone has the same troubles: open an OSS ticket and send them some HTTPwatch recordings of the strange UI behaviour and they should be able to tell you, what is missing.

Regards,

Steffi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steffi,

My experience is that IE does not always play well with IDM

Have you tried running IE in compatibility mode?

Matt

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

yes, that mode is standard for our portal, so that's not rescuing me this time. ^^

I have discovered that IE8 is working, too (that's installed on our IDM-server). But that doesn't help, when IE9 is our standard browser for clients. Updating the IDM components for the portal to SP9 didn't help either. Neither did another reboot of the portal server (one can dream ).

I created an OSS ticket with SAP for this today and will update this thread, when they come up with a solution. Maybe it's just a small thing like with the subscription emails back then.

It sure is fun, when you update one thing and another is acting up because of that. Oh how I hate updating stuff! GNAR!

Regards,

Steffi.