cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Selection Error in Sales Order!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing issue rather than an error in Partner selection.

I have created a new customer with the below configuration in partner functions:

As highlighted, I have kept 4 customers as BP.

Now when I create a new order, with this customer, it asks for which BP do u want to select out of the 4 mentioned above. See snap:

I wanna know what is this green light suggesting?

When I double click on ABCD Vaibhav customer, this light turns red.

See snap:

It gets selected when I double click it again. But why does this happen?

And when I create a new order and double click Pepsi India, it gets selected in the first go, i.e. without light turning red.

Can u please tell what this means?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your 1st screen shot there is sellection took place between the 4 parters this you can observe with right green color tick to the partnr.

However in 2nd screen shot there no sellection against the 4 partners hence system showing in red it is notthing but warning that sellection  is not complete.

Once you sellect any one of them it shows again in green color. If you dont sellect any one then system copy the original parter only, this is standard behaviour of the system .

The below you can observe when there is no sellection and one more with green color where there is sellection took place againist the partner.

Please let me know if you need any further clarification?

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu S,

Thanks a lot for your inputs, I got your point.

I tried it again:

One more thing, now that we are on this topic..... With the below configuration in the customer master:

(This is the same as above!!)

SAP offers only the above mentioned as the BP.

What I dont seem to understand is that, why is the system allowing me to put customer number 22 (XYZ) as a BP? I never mentioned it in the configuration in the customer master!!!

See below:

Any Clue?

Thanks

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Verma,

why is the system allowing me to put customer number 22 (XYZ) as a BP? I never mentioned it in the configuration in the customer master!!!

This is also SAP standard behavior only.System has given the provision to assign the partner manually in the sales document.Even though the same partner is not assigned in XD02 under SP.

How you are able to assigning the different partners(BP,PY,SH) to SP in the customer master(xd02) the same way you can also assign different partners to SP in VA02.

Please note in xd02 you can assign many different patterns with same partner type but in VA02 you can only assign one parter type for one line item un like in XD02.

As you already know we are able to assign different partners(BP,PY and SD) under SP because of the control in VOPAN we make the SP as non modifiable and for remaining BP,PY and SH we don't put non modifiable indicator.

thank,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

Thank u for ur help!

"Please note in xd02 you can assign many different patterns with same partner type but in VA02 you can only assign one parter type for one line item un like in XD02."

This was a very nice tip.

I am sorry to bother u more, and since we are on this topic, can I ask u one more question?

I have now made the SP Modifiable just to check if we can change it, and what impact does it have on the DOC header. But I still cannot modify it!.

Note: I saved the configuration, used /nva01 just to be sure the VA01 was not open already(which would have not picked the new configuration). So I let the system save and try new setting.

See config:

Then VA01

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Verma,

First goto your customre master in XD02-goto extras there you can find out the customer account group for that account group check the VOPAN all settings especially the above steo decheking the SP as non modifiable.

Am sure you are checking for the different account group.

I have tested in my IDES system i could change the SP to different number as like other parterns.

Now am nlt able to insert the screen shot tomorrow if you want will provide it if required.

chcek the above once again as i mentioend.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same here,

Cant insert the shots.

Now in the below mentioned link, you can see what all have I done to make this happen.

I have checked the account group, it was correct.

created a new order and tried to change the SP.

Didnt work!

One more thing. I added 2 line items, and changed the SH address in both to 11.

But the doc header still remains unchanged. ie. 600206

Why would doc header have a diff SH address than the line items. Even if SAP allows it, what delivery doc would show as the SH address?

1 - YouTube

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the first screenshot, green light means BP has been selected (possibly you have set it by default in customer master). By double clicking on it, you de-select it and thus light becomes red as system needs a BP and there's none selected at this point

Regards,

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Joan!!

Care to help with my second query please?