Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAL question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have a question on RAL configuration/setup (appl.comp BC-SEC-RAL) on NW74 SPS5 release.

I am trying to configuring recording (dynpro channel) and eventually create a configuration based on the recording.

I am running GUI 7.30 to start the tcode I am trying to record fields from. I can see the 'Record Field' option from the context menu. I am marking some fields for recording on the abap dynpro application.

After I am done with it, I come back to the 'create recording screen' on the 'Administration' tab and stop the recording. When I open it for contents, it is empty. And it seems that you can only create a new Configuration by using an existing recording/program-name.

If you are successful at it, would you please hint at what am I missing.

Thanks,

Pawan.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I have just done, what you said in the exact order and it works fine for me. Did you check your recording by clicking the glasses next to it, was this one empty? Did you select Read Access Loggong -> Record field for all the fields you want to get logged?

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the response.

I am able to get the recording and setup configuration with log group/context and eventually view the logged records if I choose the 'webdynpro' channel.

It does not work for the 'dynpro' channel though. I start the dynpro recording

and switch over the tcode SU01 and when I ctrl+right-click, the context menu shows up with the 'Record Field' option and I choose it:

I close the application and go back to the recording and it is empty

I am guessing because the recording is empty, it does not let me create configuration in the next step.

Regaqds,

Pawan.

0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

after selecting Record Field, did you get a message saying somthing like:

Column 'PARID' has been added to recording 'MY_RECRODING'

Is the recording shown there the recording you have used for the configuration?

Did you stop the recording before going to the configuration (although this is not required, it sometimes may help, as this flushes some buffers)?

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

After selecting the 'Record Field' option in SU01 screen, i did not get any information/confirmatory message.

It did not give me any message for webdynpro UI either, but I was able to see an entry got added to the active recording for webdynpro UI.

After I mark the fields for recordings in GUI, I come back to sralmanager and I stop the the recording and then I proceed to the configuration. I am unable to see any recordings in configuration for 'dynpro' channel.

Do you think GUI version matters? i am using 730 patch level 1.

Regards,

Pawan.

0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I'm using patch level 2 for my tests, so this might be the reason. At least I can not find any other difference in the stuff we did.

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I tried the feature on GUI 7.3 Patch Level 8 too, still cannot get the dynpro fields added to the active dynpro recording.

How do you suggest I go about it at this point?

Thanks,

Pawan.

0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

please open a support message.

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Have you got any solution to this issue? I am also facing the same issue for dynpro recordning in NW 7.4 SP5.

Thanks,

Prabhu K

0 Kudos

No luck yet Prabhu, I am looking at upgrading my SAP GUI and then open an SAP message as Patrick suggested above

Pawan.