cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TM PLNG AT PLANT LEVEL

0 Kudos

Normally  for  Freight Units created out of  DTR the source location is Shipping Point saying so planning is at shipping point level. Can we do planning at Plant level if yes how -what would be customising for this since this would results in minimsing the data of lane maintenance  so that I am able to maintain the lanes from and To Plant instead of shipping point. and better utilisation of rescources as my rescources  may be shared at Plant level .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How would the use of Plant (instead of Shipping Point) be beneficial in utilizing the resources better. Could you explain more Amjad..

Regards,

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

lets say You have common door  for all the shipping points ( lets say 2 shipping point)  which is open for 4 hrs per day  For loading the trucks. can u pls try to map this in sap tm and you will get the answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amjad,

You can set all yout master data to shipping point instead of plant...

Anyway, if you really want to plan at plant level, you can change the source location of OTR/DTR using a BADI.

Best Regards, Marcelo Lauria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it only changing source Location or any other constraint needs to be taken in to consideration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amjad,

I think the location change is the starting point, this depends on your business scenario.

Again, why dont you use the shipping point as standard process?

Rgs, Marcelo Lauria