cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Integration Model Active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I just want to know that is there harm or drawback of having multiple integration model active for a particular group of

master data or transaction data.

Does it affect data flow through CIF ?

Regards,

Shoaib

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shoaib,

It is recommended to have only one  Integration Model active.

If you have multiple integration models then  reconciliation report that covers all  active models, the run time will be slow. From the performance point of view and the SAP recommended you should have a unique integration model for any object.

Search via transaction CFM5 for the active integration model and From CFM7 You can deleted unwanted integration models. Also refer OSS note 563806 - FAQ: APO CIF.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB... Is there any limitation on number of integration models ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shoaib,

Is there any limitation on number of integration models ?

I assume you mean 'total number of integration models active' and not 'number of integration models active for a single object'.  In either case; I don't know.  If there is a limit to the total number of IMs, I have never seen it.  I am currently working on a system with over 200 active IMs, with no issues.  I have also worked on a system where as many as 4 IMs were active for a single object, and the system still exchanged data back and forth OK.

I had forgotten the impact of 'multiple IMs for the same object' to //CCR performance. (expert Rupesh's insight).  This is definitely an issue to be considered if you don't limit your CCRs to a single Integration Model.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shoalb,

One drawback is that it can make logical troubleshooting more complex when you suspect that you have a CIF problem.

When you create your regular CIF jobs, you have the opportunity to organize the IM's by name, and thus you can infer which objects should appear in which IMs just by remembering the model name.  When the objects could be contained in multiple IMs, you generally then have to perform more CFM5 searches to nail down problems.

Best Regards,

DB49