cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASMA in HTTP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm want to use the ASMA in http adapters.

I tried in file adapters and  got the expected result but in HTTP couldn't get it.

In file adapter:

I have selected the ASMA option in sender communication channel and selected the filename so that filename is included in message header.

When selected the ASMA in receiver communication channel and selected the filename so that the filename which is added in message header is getting reflected here by overwriting the constant file name given in filename schema.

In HTTP adapter:

In sender communication channel i'm selecting the ASMA. But i have doubt in using the

HTTP Header Fields .

Field 1, …, 6: (technical name: HeaderFieldOne, .... HeaderFieldSix)

URL Parameters

Parameter 1, …, 6: (technical name: URLParamOne, …, URLParamSix)

here url parameters implies what? is it the optional parameters like msgguid, party....etc other than mandatory parameters namespace,interface,senderservice?

What is this HTTP fields...? is it any additional fields other than above optional and mandatory fields, which are coming in HTTP reuest url.

I have used the HTTP client tool to send payload to my PI system. I sent the xml payload to pi by providing the mandatory fields. it's fine. when i gave the optional parameters in the input filed, automatically it is including in xi message header(without selecting the option URL parameters).

Also i have added two input fields  and entered value in them, they got added in fields in URL. But they are not reflecting in messgae header inspite of selecting HTTP Header Fields and gave that input field.

Please give detail description. I have checked in several blogs but didn't get enough info.

Please help me.

Regards,

Ch.Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Please refer the SAP Note 1386621 - Plain HTTP Adapter: Dynamic parameter.

here url parameters implies what? is it the optional parameters like msgguid, party....etc other than mandatory parameters namespace,interface,senderservice?

URL parameter is to create or retrieve URL. for receiver HTTP adapter you can set this parameter on UDF and create dynamic HTTP url at run time.

What is this HTTP fields...? is it any additional fields other than above optional and mandatory fields, which are coming in HTTP reuest url.

HTTP fileds is to create or retrieve HTTP header values (If present).

Please check the SAP note for more detail.

regards,

Harish