Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSM team determination and email

former_member97292
Participant
0 Kudos

All,

Lots has been written about this topic.  This thing is so complicated.  I know less than nothing about this.  Very simple question to start with.  In my Solution Manger/ITSM/Service Desk, I don't have a clue what I should call it, how do I see what is used to determine the support/service team being selected.

I'm not asking for a bunch of SAP Notes or endless reams of documentation that

<Message was edited by: Moderator>

Very simply, can someone say how I may see what the thing is using to select the message processor or the support/service team to send the email to in my system.

More info.  I added a new organization unit.  The component used on the ITSM was created long ago by a SAP consultant and is just now being used. The other components are working.  This one is not.  Like the system doesn't know the component exits and the message processor is being defaulted.

I know this action is being used.  AI_SDK_TEAM_MAIL_DET

But I don't know how the thing knows to use that action.

Remember.  Please keep it simple.

Thanks, everybody.  Y'all have a nice weekend.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Perry,

I know less than nothing about this.

'''

"

"

I'm not asking for a bunch of SAP Notes or endless reams of documentation that___________________

I am not sure how many documents you read, how many documents you followed for automatic team determination. I suggest you to read the blog from Ravi   The documents and sap notes are the basis foundation for everything in SAP.  you cant ignore.

The document initially I followed for the support team determination was Support team determination in sm 7.0 ehp1 , i could say no single step missed in this document. it was one of the very promising document and now we can do this for 3 level support team also. this is where you need to start.

how I may see what the thing is using to select the message processor or the support/service team to send the email to in my system

In 7.1, we are using new BRF plus framework for support team determination, for your case, I could suggest you to read all below..

Support team determination of New 7.1:

Support Team Determination via Business Rule Framework plus - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solut...

refer this for step by step guide

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31396

After read and implemented, you get any error in workflow or email not sent, please attach your error message with screens here.

Thanks

Jansi

former_member97292
Participant
0 Kudos

I appreciate your reply.

I've read that documentation, last week.  One of the documents seems to say there are various methods that can be used to determine the support team.  If I knew what was being used in my system, I could concentrate there.  That's one of the reasons I asked for help.

In BRFPLUS I see the service teams defined.  But I don't know if BRFPLUS is the gate through which the service team is being determined in my system.  In TX PFAC for rule CRM_DNO_1 there are no responsibilities defined.  I don't think any of the other aspects are being used.  So, I am assuming that BRFPLUS is being used.

There are four service teams defined in BRFPLUS.  They all work except for one.  Email is going to all but the problem one.  The problem one is defaulting to the basis service team.

The email address for the problem one is in the configuration in TX PPOMA_CRM and in the business partner in TX BP.

Test ITSM messages have been sent and the processor logs analyzed.  No errors as such.  Just the wrong service team.  ITSM messages to the other service teams are working.

At this installation we enter the service team in the component field of the ITSM message.  Then the system uses that component to get the email address to which to send the message.

I don't think we are having the system to "determine the service team," only to get the email address.

The correct business partner number is assigned in PPOMA_CRM and BRFPLUS.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Perry,

If I knew what was being used in my system, I could concentrate there.  That's one of the reasons I asked for help.

Seems, some one was already done configuration in your system, you are trying to troubleshoot. because if we don't know what was done before, it actually deviate our troubleshooting tracks, and drain our effort. Better connect the person who implemented support team determination in your system.

since you assume you were used BRFplus, stick to that, give suggestion with the troubleshooting. 

make sure your rule simulation working for the component basis service team. if you dont know how to simulate rules follow here http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/200cbc86-c528-2f10-a098-ec25f4be5...

if the rule simulation works, then the issue with email, check the action mentioned in the guide executed .

if all works, check out the sap note Note 1629949 - Finding the support team using BRFplus: No e-mail sent

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jansi

former_member97292
Participant
0 Kudos

Our system determines service team by Responsibilities.  But the teams are also set-up in BRFPLUS.  After adding the new team to the Responsibilities via PFAC, the team is being determined and the email sent.  Did stuff in BRFPLUS too.  Is there a cross connection?  I thought BRFPLUS took the place of the team determination by Responsibilities.

PFAC rule AGS_ICT 35000139.

This is key:

6. ACTIVATE ACTION FOR SUPPORT TEAM DETERMINATION FOR SERVICE

DESK

it's in  Support Team Determination via Business Rule Framework plus - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solut...

This is where one says to use BRFPLUS or Responsibilities.  Use transaction SPPFCADM.

A consultant figured it out.

Thank you.

Answers (0)