cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver installation error .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I got an error while installing Netweaver  on my windows laptop.

My laptop details are:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit Service Pack 1

Downloaded objects are:

ORACLE client 11.2.0.3

ORACLE RDBMS 11.2.0.3 Windows X64

720 UC Kernel for SWPM S04 - Windows Server on X64 bit

SL CONTROLLER 700 for SWPM SP04

70SWPM10SP04

SWPM10SP04

NW 7.0 Installation Export SR3

NW 7.0 SR3 Java based SW Comp.s for SWPM

NW 7.0 SR3 UC-Kernel 7.00 Windows 64 bit

Java and Oracle installed successfully without any errors.

Everything went well without any issues until the part of running 'SAPinst.exe'. Even in executing sapinst.exe there were no error messages until the 4th stage of 5 stages which is "Execute".

I have also attached the log file.

I hope you would lead me from this step for further installation process. Many thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Arun,

You can install on server version such as Window  server 2003/2008 while you can't install it on Windows XP, Vista and 7.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Abdul bhai...  I tried and me too came to know that we can't do on Windows 7... Once again thank you Abdul bhai..

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Arun,

As per my experience, You can easily install on Server version such as Window server 2003/2008 while It is not easy to install on Windows XP, Vista and 7(specially Windows 7 Home edition) because me and other technical colleagues tried to install and faced lot of problems and at last they installed on server version.

If you still want to install on window 7 then you first install on VMware software and install Netweaver in it but still you need server version for virtual machine.

hopes, my exprience also helpful for you and other scn user.

Regards,

MAJAMIL

Answers (0)