cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress popup message about Personas storage size increase?

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Is it possible to get rid of the popup message appearing after logon that asks for storage space increase?

It would be also great to disable the popup coming from Silverlight when the user wants to use the clipboard and SL asks for permission to do so... but I don't think that's going to work. However the above originates from Personas itself, so I figure there should be a way to not show it.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Yes, this permission comes from Personas so that it can cache some data (like images) and also for clipboard access.

Once you have clicked "OK" for any server, it should not ask you again.

If it does, can you check the setting below. Right click within the frame. And you will see "silverlight" option. Click on that and goto Permissions tab.

Lastly, if this cannot be done due to limitation imposed by the IT, they can push these setting for all the users using group policy settings.

http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/resources/documentation/grouppolicysettings.aspx

Scroll Down to "Isolated Storage" area..

Regards,

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

As described above by you, when i right click on the frame i could see "Silverlight" but when i clcik silverlight i dont see the pop up "Personas Silverlight Configuration" to go to Permissions tab. Can you please guide if anything is missing in my browser/personas settings?

Regards,

Avinash

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

What do you get when you click on "Silverlight" menu? It will be "Microsoft Silverlight configuration" and not Personas specific. You can also access from your windows start menu -> All programs -> Microsoft Silverlight -> Microsoft Silverlight.

Thanks

Chinthan

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

I know this is not SAP-related, but I am keen to know how Group Policy Settings are applied.

I am keen on getting the certificate installed in approx. 3000 computers for bringing about Elevated Mode.

The link provided pertains to Windows Vista. I am looking for information on Windows 7.

Also, I believe that storing Silverlight.admx/adml files in PolicyDefinitions would only get the registry updated but won't install the certificate.

Would appreciate if anyone could please help to shed more light on this. Has anyone tried using Group Policy to get Elevated Mode on multiple systems?

Regards,

Saud.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saud,

You can find out details here https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770315(v=ws.10).aspx

Thanks

Chinthan

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Chinthan!

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

Any ideas about this pop-up?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Karel
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have a Citrix environment and don't have the option to edit the storage and permission settings. These settings are lost next time you log onto Citrix. So even it you configure Silverlight correctly, you'll get this popup again the next day.

Is there an option to disable the request from the SAP Screen Personas side?

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you have a way to enable elevated trust mode for the Personas client in the Citrix environment, this should get rid of those messages. Take a look at note 2025591.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Worked for me

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

We implemented the note 2025591 as well and when we test it is successful, however, the Trust Mode: Elevated does not show up in the Verification steps mentioned in the note.

Was it the same for you. We still get Trust Mode: Basic.

So, we are a bit confused whether the test was a success or not.

Regards,

Abhijeet

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you logged off completely and closed all browser windows then logged on to Personas again and still see Trust Mode: Basic, then something went wrong with the note implementation. You should see Trust mode: Elevated.

abhijeet_dadarkar2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Yes, we got that to work, the registry keys were entered incorrectly (i.e. while entering instead of 1 the entire hex value was entered). Once that was corrected, we see Trust mode: Elevated.

That however did not suppress the Silverlight pop ups. In fact, we had to additionally uncheck the "Enable application storage" check box in Silverlight configuration for the pop up to disappear.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas. I followed all the steps in the note you mentioned to install the certificate. The keys in the Windows Registry show as they are supposed to be. However, if I run my Personas in DEV to check and it still shows like Trust Mode: Basic.

But if I run Personas out of my QA system it shows Trust Mode: Elevated. How come?

Thanks,

Gabriela

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out what my problem was - the installation of the newest released OSS note 2162965 in my DEV system somehow was interfering with the Trust Mode - I uninstalled it and now it shows as Elevated - so please disregard my question above (I'll mention in my incident with SAP the side effect of this note implementation).

Thanks!

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Gabriela,

as I also learned last week, the latest Personas note (the one you mentioned) comes with the newest Personas client which introduces a new certificate, compared to the earlier clients. So essentially, if you install the latest client (which you should), then you have to repeat the steps explained in note 2025591 to register the new security certificate. Make sure to import and store the new certificate in both the 'Trusted publishers' and the 'Trusted root certification authorities' certificate store and the elevated trust mode will work again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Makes total sense. Thanks!!!!

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Sushant... so regarding the storage size, it seems there is no way in Personas to avoid that altogether and at least once it will ask for this on each server, correct?

In case of virtual servers and/or Citrix sessions hitting different servers per logon, this may be a bit awkward. It would be great to allow this across the board somehow so that users never have to deal with it when working with Personas.

Or am I misunderstanding this and allowing it centrally takes care of both popups (storage AND clipboard access)?

0 Kudos

Thanks for brining this up Tamas, something which everyone faces when using Personas.

I have an other scenario not sure if its the same case with others too.

At times when there is a session time out or unexpected error, pop up messages come up. I see a number of popups lined up in a queue to be closed. User can not logout unless all them are closed manually.

This is a bit annoying to end-users in case they encounter.

Please let me know if there is any parameter set up that we are missing.

Regards,

Geetha