cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Time deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

I would like to understand more details on real-time deployment functionality of deployment. Does real time deployment works for multi-level location scenarios ?

As I understand the real time deployment first runs the SNP heuristics to consider the latest demand supply situation but does it run the heuristics for the entire network for that product or only look at the location connected one level up from the supply location ?

Example:  I have a Markets A, B and C which are connected to in-stock locations X, Y and Z which send the net requirements to the plants A B C.

My supply chain is plant 1, 2, 3 are connected to stock locations X, Y and Z and which in turn are supplying to each markets A, B and C.

If I want to run the real time deployment using supplying plants 1,2 and 3  

•   the real time deployment will only deploy receipts to in stock locations X, Y and Z (which is one level up from the plants) or
  •   Will I see the deployment results at markets A B and C (all through the network upto the markets)
  •   Does it looks at low level codes in the network while running the heuristics for the product.

Real time deployment at supply locations only look at in stock locations Z, Y Z or when it runs the heuristics it actually runs the heuristics at the market locations A, B C to update all the net requirements at X, Y, Z and then run heuristics at X, Y, Z to calculate net requirements for plants 1, 2, 3 and the deploy in reverse order up the way to markets from supply plants. Does it looks at low level codes in the network while running the heuristics for the product.

Thanks and regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Deployment Heuristics "Real-time or not" will consider only one level via Transportation Lane b/w source and destination. It does not evaluate the entire network as such. In SNP02, the option to maintain destination locations can be used to maintain your markets A B C and stock locations X Y Z but the sequence in which these locations are evaluated to determine the Source by Deployment cannot be controlled which may lead to inaccurate results.

The best approach would be to split the SNP02 into 2 legs. Deployment from Plant 1 2 3 to Stock Locations X Y Z and then include Deployment STR's in ATD receipts for products at X Y Z and deploy to Markets A B C. This would  give better data reconciliation / troubleshooting and be even more beneficial if you are using different Planning Book/ Data Views for these locations since this Solver is totally based on Macros to calculate Total Demand and Total Receipts.

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Could you pl let us know if this issue was resolved and how was it resolved?

Is it a standard functionality or do you have to do some custom development?

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,

Mangesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Like you i am also exploring real time deployment.

As far as i have understood , real time deployment will run a heursitic between the source and destination location(if specified in SNP02 ) or run heuristic on all t-lane connections between source and all possible destination locations (if dest loc not specified in SNP02) & then take the normal deployment run.

This will be valid for scenarios wherein you want to consider destination locations demand arriving after the last SNP run.

Hope this helps.

Do come back with your testing results.

Regards,
Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys has anybody tried real time deployment on multi level location scenarios? The heuristics within real time deployment does low level codes?

Thanks

Amit