cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Master Data Creation - Statuses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

My client is looking for best practice - status naming conventions for Item Master Data Creation Process. They are in the Specialized Retail Industry and have internal naming conventions and want to align more with Industry Standards.  Their process has 3 staging areas - 1st - Baseline Master Data, 2nd - Internal Enrichment, 3rd - Item Master Complete - item master is now ready to be used  to build offers.

thanks!

MC

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Melissa,

Naming convention for Item Master (Item Code and Description) is maintained at site level. Whenever an Item is ready same information is cascaded to other systems. its not necessary to change the Item Code to adapt to system needs rather system should be flexible to accept varying Naming conventions.

Yet, to make it simple Naming convention can be AlphaNumeric and a symbol Hyphen [-], if required.

SAP system will intake these names and create Unique ID within SAP internl system.

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if any queries.

Regards,

Mir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mir - thanks for taking time to respond.  I think my question might have been confusioning. Its process related.  The client starts creating their item master with a minimal amount of information required to create a PO- (stage1 - example status would be "Available to Procure") the master then gets enriched with more internal information such as classifications and attributes to be consumed by other business areas and down stream processes specific to their business - such as building an offer for Web or TV (stage2 - example status would be "Available to Build Offer").  Client is looking for advice on what to name Stage 1 and Stage 2 status  

Any thoughts?