Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE profile

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where a certain event like POD need not to be dependent on certain location i.e this event can be reported at any location.

Hence based on this I have updated EE profile and have tick marked-check location-do not check but yet the destination location at last stage only  is appearing by default and hence not allowing me to report POD at any location.

Is there any other chnage we need to make.

Secondly what does location function-do not check config box implies.What is the difference between check location and location function in EE profile

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dipak,

The difference between the 2 options in the EE Profile are as follows:

1. Location Function: This is a function module that actually sets the new value for the location. e.g. You receive in location ABC but you need it to be stored as 123 based on some logic. You can use this option to do the mapping based on your required logic
  2. Check Location: This is a function module that is needed when you cannot simply do a simply 1-1 mapping from the event message location and the EE location. e.g. The event message contains "New York" as the location but the EE contains "NY" . Since it is the same we can perform the check location function and allow the check to succeed.

Hope that helps.

Regards Kevin

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was under the assumption that Check Location is not driven by any FM since it was just a check box.

Secondly if we have activated this, how we can update the old documents where this functionality was not activated

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dipak,

yes. The Check Location Function is another option in the EE profile.

Old documents could be only changed by writing a report. If you do this lock the EH before doing any db updates.

Best regards,

Steffen

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dipak,

The screenshot above shows that both options do in fact have Function Module options to manipulate the data or check the data as I described before. Both have a check box as well:

• Check Location: "Do not check" - If checked then events that come in will not use the location to match up with an expected event
  • Location Function: "Do not set" - If checked then the event will not store the location as part of the Expected Event milestone

As Steffen mentioned, for old event handlers you need to write a custom report to make the applicable change programmatically. Consider it a data migration exercise.

Hope that clears it up.

Thanks

Kevin

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Thx a lot for the clarification.

Can you provide some hints as how we can write this custom report and what are the parameters to be considered while running this report

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it is only possible with direct DB Update on EE table.

Interface

/saptrx/cl_eh_det_intf_cntrl=>update_expected_events

does not include the fields you want to change.

As said above lock the EH before the update.

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Its very strange that I have updated the config for check location-do not check but still the events are there in freight order with destination location displayed as default and hence we are unable to report the event with new location.

Can you advise if we need to check the extractors as well since as per the code, that particular event is rpeorted only at last stage of destination location.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dipak,

this flag is stored separately in every EE i.e. if you change it it only counts for new created EH and there EH.

With the location function you can implement your own location check.

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Related to first reponse , since already I have created more than 3000 docs, how can we updated for those EH which has already been created.

Secondly for location function, does it happens programatically and thur FM.

Thirdly check location functionality, we do not use any program or FM for the same